Author Topic: rehoming Oliver  (Read 13821 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: rehoming Oliver
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »
I see Cazza is helping you already.

Yes I have been emailing OP today and talking and trying to help with the training  :D It's just a shame I am sooo far away otherwise I may just have popped round and helped too

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »
You know I think the OP is trying her best here, I feel very sorry for her, she seems to be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.  Wanting to do her best for Ollie and of course not having the full support from her family, I understand fully that some of you are upset and are thinking of Ollie, but I think some posts are quite judgemental and a tad harsh are not helping this youngster much.  I am glad you have had some helpful advice Ollie I applaud your courage in posting this, training a pup doesn't come eaily to everyone, sounds like your family are finding it tough, you are doing your best but you can't do it all on your own.  I think you need to think long and hard about Ollies future and I think by being realistic and considering all options you are doing this already.  I wish you all the very best with whatever you decide as a family to do :blink:

Me too. What a horrible time for her at such a young age. It is her parents the comments should be directed at.

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »
I'm looking at this training school. Does it look good?

http://www.caninecollege.co.uk/

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2008, 06:50:31 PM »
Hi
Yes I think it does look good, hope you can get a place.
Good luck
Claire

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »
Hi Hun

I haven't really got any advice for you but I really do feel for you. I hope that you manage to get to some classes with the gorgeous little Ollie and I bet you will really enjoy it once you get there. I've only just started with Eric  ph34r and dog traning is now the highlight of my week.
I hope that you and your family manage to work things out with Ollie. I'm sure with time his behaviour will improve he is only a baby still.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
Is your mum ok with paying for the cost of training? Must be hard for you, its ok for those of us with our own homes, if our pups ruin anything then it was ours to ruin and dont get an ear full about it.

hope you manage to work things out.  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
It's not cost, it's distance, but this one is ok on distance, so i just hope I can get a place. Have emailed them so hopefully get a reply soon.

Offline 881meryl

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »
Oh my goodness. I also have to bow out from this. Book yourself onto a course, get off the internet and spend some time with your puppy. Yes, I am a hypocrite because I'm on here reading this. But when our puppy needs training, walks, cuddles and all the attention he deserves I just don't have the time to log on. By all means pop on and ask advice, I know I did in the early days and found this forum invaluable. But i guess I've just reached the end of my tether with this.

Good luck Oliver.

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
What? What have I done wrong now? He's asleep. I'm not going to start playing with him when he's asleep. He's had his dinner, he's had all his walks.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
I'm looking at this training school. Does it look good?

http://www.caninecollege.co.uk/

Hiya

I'm gonna PM you again - i have some doubts  :-\

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »
What? What have I done wrong now? He's asleep. I'm not going to start playing with him when he's asleep. He's had his dinner, he's had all his walks.

you've done nothing wrong - read your PM's from me woman  ;)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2008, 07:29:42 PM »
Ive been reading this thread now for a while and for what its worth and in the opinion of a complete amateur in cocker land i think you are      worrying much too much.   when bonnie boo was 6 months old i thought she was the devils own puppy i now realise that she was and like Oliver is now just that, a puppy. i was amazed at how much work it was and I'm an old git with i like to think lots of patience.
Please stick with it and he will improve and in a while you will be the one handing out advice.just don't expect everything to come together at once. it will work out give it time
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2008, 07:30:34 PM »
Ive been reading this thread now for a while and for what its worth and in the opinion of a complete amateur in cocker land i think you are      worrying much too much.   when bonnie boo was 6 months old i thought she was the devils own puppy i now realise that she was and like Oliver is now just that, a puppy. i was amazed at how much work it was and I'm an old git with i like to think lots of patience.
Please stick with it and he will improve and in a while you will be the one handing out advice.just don't expect everything to come together at once. it will work out give it time

well said  :D

ooops i'm not sure you are an 'old git' tho

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
I quite agree with Magic Star. The OP is trying to do her best and as has been mentioned before she is not the head of the house and without the emotional, practical and financial support of her parents she is trying very hard to improve things for her puppy and for her family. I feel that some people attitudes have been really harsh and a little unfair.

Good luck with the training classes, I hope you get what you need from them and your family. If not I am sure you will make the right descision.  :-*
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline t1gg3er

• Donator
  • Darby & Dexter
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
I hope everything works out for you with Oliver.

I'm a complete novice where Cockers are concerned but I do have a 17yr old son & know from experience that 17yr olds can be stubborn & so can parents (I certainly am!) & then you end up at loggerheads. 

I think in addition to Ollie's training, a key thing to make this work will be keeping your Mum on side with you.  Talk to her, ask her for help (we parents love it when our teens ask for help, makes us feel needed  ;)), be completely open with her but in a non-confrontational way, let her know how much Oliver means to you & how important it is to you for this to work.  You'll find that if you approach it the right way, your Mum can be your greatest ally.

Best of luck to you & Oliver.
Vanessa, Rob, Boys & Doglets
x