Author Topic: Ollie went off lead today  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Oliver21508

Ollie went off lead today
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »
Hiya

Took Ollie to the seaside and it was incredibly quiet. I put his long line on and showed him some sausages, and then let him off. He was excellent, didn't run too far, and when you called him, it only took a few seconds at the most for him to run back and get his sausage treat.  :lol2: He ran into the waves (it's the first time he's seen them), and I think he got a bit of shock and jumped straight out. The waves were huge, so we tried to keep him away from the water edge. Some people came walking by, so I tested what he would do. He just walked quietly behind them seeing if they had any treats (cheeky monkey  :lol2: :005:) and I called him, and he came running over to me. Also said hello to a dog on the sea wall, was very good, only said hello for a little while then carried on the walk. I think he'll be fine off lead as long as he knows you have sausages.  :lol2: I got some pictures of him off lead which I shall put up tomorrow.

Offline clovertash

• it's been a hard day at the park
Re: Ollie went off lead today
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »
what a good boy, at least you know what his best bribe will be  :005:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:40:11 PM »
Yey!! That's great news  :D

I put his long line on and showed him some sausages, and then let him off.

It that had been Billy he would not have moved from your side if he knew you had sausages  :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »
Well done Ollie - and you, it is always scary the first time ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
Thats brill  :blink: you have worked wonders with Ollie  :luv: you should be well chuffed  :blink:

Jo

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:52:42 PM »
Aww well done Ollie  :luv: They love it at the beach dont they  :luv:

Alfie went offlead today too, he slipped his show lead outside the show in the car park  :o Oh I nearly died, but after the initial 'peg it as fast as you can'  :005: he did stop when I called and let me get his lead back on, thankfully. He is usually a monkey, so still on a long line, so my heart was in my mouth.

Offline emderpenguin

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
Am very grateful recall has never been an issue with Pepper so far.. although I think part of her recall is 'follow Kye in case he gets food' and Kye thinks 'Mum's calling Pepper, there must be food' So I tend to have both dogs at once lol

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:25:30 PM »
Am very grateful recall has never been an issue with Pepper so far.. although I think part of her recall is 'follow Kye in case he gets food' and Kye thinks 'Mum's calling Pepper, there must be food' So I tend to have both dogs at once lol

He he, this usually works a treat with my 2 young'ns as well :005: (Suzie the Collie just saunters up for a biscuit when she feels like it  ::)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.