Author Topic: blue roan changing colour  (Read 13891 times)

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
blue roan changing colour
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »
That is interesting about the origins of the black legs Jane! :D  You're right I'm sure because she does have Cilleine Echelon a few times in her pedigree and some Hightrees breeding and some Bitcon ancestry!                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 11:54:56 AM »
Quite right Jane, Molo has a Bitcon sire (Columbo at Islanza) although I don't have his full pedigree on his sires side (yet,  :wink: ) and he also has Bitcon on his Dames side, as his Grandsire, Glowhill Rob Roy (who appears in many COL pedigree's I believe  :) ), was sired by a Bitcon.

Jane, I haven't heard of Hightree or Echelon before; do you have any further info? I admit to being a bit of a 'family tree' buff, and have challenged myself to see how far back I can trace Molo's pedigree :shock:

Thanks                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline taniac

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 12:04:58 PM »
love the black legs too  They are often seen in the Bitcon line & also in lines which go back to Cilleine Echelon - Hightrees breeding lies behind most Bitcons & also Echelon so this could be the common denominator maybe (think I'm right that there will be a lot of Bitcon in Molo's pedigree?)

Neo's Great Great Grand Sire was Cilleine Echelon, however there is alot of black & white in his line so I guess that's why he's light blue and spotted!!                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 03:20:26 PM »

Jane, I haven't heard of Hightree or Echelon before; do you have any further info? I admit to being a bit of a 'family tree' buff, and have challenged myself to see how far back I can trace Molo's pedigree :shock:

Hightrees was a well-known Cocker kennel back in the 1960s/1970's - you'll find a bitch called Hightrees Love Serenade back in the pedigree of many well-known Bitcons such as Sh Ch Bitcon Troubador. Sh Ch Cilleine Echelon was one of the top Cockers in the 80's - he did a lot of winning in the show ring & also was a successful sire. If you have a copy of Joyce Caddy's "Cocker Spaniels Today", you'll find a photo of him on p91. His sire was Hightrees Sweetalk of Lochranza who was also the sire of one of the early Bitcon Champions, Sh Ch Bitcon Babycham.

Tracing Cocker family trees is fascinating - you'll be able to find quite a bit of info out by entering names into Google & seeing what comes up (many breeders have pedigrees on their websites). If you get stuck, just ask as quite a few of us have extensive pedigree databases & old records etc :)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 12:09:59 AM »
Yes your right about the black legs being in the lines , bella has these its funny because they all stop at the exact same point , her mother was pet named socks because of this  :lol:

We have lots of bitcons in there .. troubador , moonlight, after dark , blue cascade, shy talk ,siver reble, pacific blue , shytalk blue cascade and a load more .
We have cilliens in there too echlon and hightrees love serenade , pinkyburn pedomiter( dont know where they got that name from  :lol: )and Sweetalk of Lochranza . normanviews midnight runner of classicway . crosbiean cascade , deanwood star venture , >mistfall meddler also had black legs ,
I have a bit of info on the echlon lines , i will let you know when i find my list of history . Ive missplaced it at the moment  :roll: but when i get my hands on it ill pm you :)
I have a few pictures on my pedigree http://groups.msn.com/ukenglishcockers/you...urwebpage1.msnw
I have a pic of troubador on there . when i have more time i plan to put some more pics on if i can figure out how to fit them on  :shock:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 09:34:47 AM »
I have a few pictures on my pedigree http://groups.msn.com/ukenglishcockers/you...urwebpage1.msnw
I have a pic of troubador on there . when i have more time i plan to put some more pics on if i can figure out how to fit them on  :shock:

Be careful :wink: Photos are copyrighted & you shouldn't really post photos on websites without the photographer's permission & a copyright notice. I have photos of most of the dogs mentioned above but unless I've taken them myself, they're not mine to publish on websites so I would only send them privately to anyone interested. Last year, a canine photographer took a website owner to court for using his photos without permission & won his case :shock:

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 11:17:52 PM »
oo yes your right i see your point . Ive sorted it ,ive made it private viewing :)                    

Offline lorri

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 12:12:50 AM »
it's quite exciting waiting to see what colour there going to end up? Jarvis was very white when we got him and now he's mostly black  with a sliver looking strip down his back he hasn't been stripped yet just tidied up so im looking forward to another change in his colour when he does.

Lorraine                    

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »
I love the black legs too :) They are often seen in the Bitcon line & also in lines which go back to Cilleine Echelon - Hightrees breeding lies behind most Bitcons & also Echelon so this could be the common denominator maybe (think I'm right that there will be a lot of Bitcon in Molo's pedigree?)

Jane

Yep, my Poppy has the black legs, that's from the Bitcon too!