Author Topic: Do any toys survive?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline BabyB

Re: Do any toys survive?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »
We have a small teddy who has survived two puppies and has lost his squeak (although it is still in him).  Percy Parrot (Christmas present) was dewinged and disembowelled on Christmas Day (and I removed the squeak!!); Rudolph lost an antler and a leg straight away.  Most stuffed toys get disembowelled straight away, but they love what's left! Tennis balls get the fluff peeled off too.

Most favourite are the cardboard inner tubes of loo rolls, or better still from wrapping paper or kitchen foil.  As I work in a large office I have plenty of people who will bring them in.  I must look a curious sight wandering across the car park with loo roll tubes! 
I do the same with cardboard boxes at work - I collect two before lunchtime, then head off with my stash and everyone knows who they're for :lol2:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
...and just picking up on the burying.  Teal is a monster for taking things and burying them.  You can see the look on her face, rapt concentration.  Then if she can't find anywhere suitable....huffing and puffing.  The best one was a 9 inch long "loofah dog" in a 4 inch plant pot - it was never going to fit, but we made out we couldn't see it anywhere (who's the daftest round here? it would have hurt her feelings and she was so pleased with herself).  She also took my sisters' cats' wind up hamster with a santa hat on and did a good job with that.  We've no idea where it is in the garden, no doubt in spring she'll spot its grubby little santa hat sticking up through the weeds!! :lol:

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
Hattie is not that toy, or ball, motivated and is definitely a 'carrier' rather than a destroyer but for her the BEST toy ever is an empty plastic flower pot, she loves it!