Author Topic: Flora is home!!! Yay!  (Read 1573 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Flora is home!!! Yay!
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »
Well today has gone fantastic! Was great meeting Kim this morning and of course my ickle baby! She's been an absolute star!  :luv: Only a little whimper as we left Kims and lots of dribble!  :005: Came home to meet the other animals and the cats weren't overly impressed! The two kittens just think her tail is something else to attack! Not in the slightest bit scared of her, although I can't say the same for Flora  :embarassed: Poor thing was cowering next to my washing machine trying to escape them! She thinks their food smells nice though and has already had her head in the litter box!  ph34r

We went for our first walk together around the castle, on lead, and she met a worker who has a 4 month old cocker at home and she was a little bit nervous of him, I think the bright yellow jacket was a bit much! So took her by the cafe where we met a couple of women with a 4 month old bearded collie, not too interested in the puppy but the chips smelt good  :005: Nice little fuss then on with out walk. Went to the lakeside and she got her paws a little wet but that was it, walked by the Canadian Geese and not phased! Then a nasty black labrador came rushing by which spooked her a bit! So we had to stop for another cuddle of course!  :005:

I decided to be really brave as she walked really well on the lead and I actually dropped it once by accident and felt pretty confident that she wouldn't run too far away! So on the last stretch I had a good look around to make sure there were no other people or dogs around and let her off her lead!  :o A bit risky I know but I already felt pretty confident that she would be fine, I wasn't disappointed!  :luv: She walked by my side for most of it, well when she wasn't circling me anyway!  :005: Had a little run around but kept coming back when I called her and also just on her own! She was a little star! So confident and happy! She's a dream!

Back home for a drink and she met our local postie and the next door neighbour and enjoyed more fuss!

Off to get the kids and they were over the moon! So happy to see her!  :shades: Off we trot to PAH for treats, toys and a new bed  :D Again more fuss and she was a little star again!

She's eaten all her tea without taking a breath and then tried her very best to stay awake whilst sitting next to me!  :005: I don't think I've ever seen such a tired dog!!!

The kittens are being a lot nicer to her now, she's still not sure what to make of them but is happy sat next to me whilst they have a good sniff! She's been out in the garden with the bunnies and not paid any attention to them, not even the rabbit poo!  :005:

We're all so very happy!  :angel: Thank you so much again Kim for allowing us to give little Flora her new loving home!  :-*

Sorry for the long post! Teehee!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Flora is home!!! Yay!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
Aw, huge congrats... when do we get pics  ;)

How about NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :005: :005:

She sounds wonderful :luv: :luv: :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
Aw, huge congrats... when do we get pics  ;)

How about NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :005: :005:

She sounds wonderful :luv: :luv: :luv:

Posted a couple already  :005: they're not very good though as they were taken on my Iphone as I can't find a bit to charge my proper camera!  ph34r Will get it sorted tomorrow and get some better shots of her though  :005:

Offline Michele

• Site Member

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »
So pleased everything has gone well.

Welcome home Flora  :luv:  :luv:

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
Pretty sure Madam has landed on her feet there!

Just a matter of time before she sides with those naughty kittens & causes much laughter & dare I say it . . . . mayhem  ;)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »
 :005: I keep warning the kids that very soon she will be a lot more boisterous and much more ready to play with them!  :005: They're very eager to start helping with the training and we've had a short session this evening but not much, just trying to get her used to commands around the other animals!  >:D They're a bit of a distraction but thankfully she likes her treats  :005: Leigh has started training her to lay down already!  :shades: She's watching the kittens play in the garden at the moment and I don't think it will be long before she is playing with them! They're only confident enough to attack her waggy tail when she's laid next to me, she just looks at me asking me to get them to leave her alone!  :luv:

Looking forward to going out in the nearby field tomorrow to practice recall so we can do more walking off lead! So many other cockers and friendly dogs to walk with in the morning! They'll soon make her feel at home, I know they will!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
Sounds like you are all doing very well - congrats on your new family member
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.