Author Topic: Very Sick Pup  (Read 8965 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »
Haven't been on COL much recently and somehow missed this post - I am so sorry to hear about Toby  :(  Thinking of you at this very sad time.  

with love

Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Sue H

Very Sick Pup
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2004, 07:27:57 PM »
Sooo sorry to hear about your baby's illness - I hope he pulls through and this all becomes a memory very quickly.

Something you wrote did ring a bell however, and that seemed to suggest that Toby was unvaccinated.  

Puppies can be vaccinated at 6 weeks using Nobivac, and once again at 12 weeks.  This helps protect pups re-homed at (their optimum age) 8 weeks.

What ails him may be absolutely unconnected with the usual parvo/distemper etc. but all puppies should have had at least their first vaccination and a health check by a Vet. before they are re-homed.  Most breeders (and us at the Blue Cross) give 6 weeks free PetPlan insurance as long as the animal is 8 weeks old and has no pre-existing condition which could be excluded from cover at PetPlan's discretion.

This is all absolutely no consolation or help to you at the moment, but you may have to question Toby's health when you first picked him up, and if there is anything the breeder can tell you which may narrow the search for a cause, then you need to keep in touch with them, and also the other new owners of the rest of the litter (preferably with them and not with the breeder as an intermediary).

Here's wishing the little mite (and you) all the best - keep us posted ...

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2004, 09:05:02 PM »
Sue, I don't think you could have read all of this thread, poor Toby didn't make it, he is already running at Rainbow Bridge  :(  

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2004, 10:35:49 AM »
Hi so sorry for you we know how you are feeling,we lost a five mth old puppy he was running about on saturday and ill on the sunday.he never came home from the vets. on the monday I sat at home when the kids had gone to school and all i did was cry. my husband came home and we looked on the kennel club puppy page we was not shaw if we should have a puppy or not that night we found a puppy.it took some of the pain away i sill cry for blue the puppy we lost and i think that my dogs know why i'm crying as they give me lots of licks and kissers. i think you should get another puppy but from another breeder .              
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2004, 01:03:39 PM »
I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss.  We'll be saying a prayer for poor Toby, rest in peace little man.

I hope that one day you'll know the joy of having a cocker in your family and aren't forever put off by your experience, they really are the best.

(I know this is a bit late, just got back from our honeymoon)
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline LucyH99

• Site Member
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2004, 03:55:13 PM »
:) Just to bring closure to this post, we had the results of the post mortem back on Toby and he did die from Parvo.  We have reached an amicable agreement with the breeder on money, so can now move on.  This is a great forum and I will certainly be reading and learning as much as I can, so when we do decide to get a new baby I am as ready as can be!

Thank you all for your kind words.

Lucy & family
Lucy & Bee

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Very Sick Pup
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2004, 04:02:01 PM »
Hello Lucy,

Thanks for letting us know about little Toby, I think we were all upset by your post.

I'm glad that you and the breeder came to an agreement over the money side.

We look forward to you coming back in your good time with your new little friend.

Take care x

Lizzy Molly and Evie