Author Topic: Louis had his first puppy training class today  (Read 753 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Louis had his first puppy training class today
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »
He was pretty good and is now sleeping peacefully, having exercised his single brain cell to the max.  :005:

There are only 7 puppies in the class, and 5 and a half of them are gundogs - Louis, a Viszla, a Golden Retriever, a Flatcoat, a Welsh Springer and a Cockerpoo. The other puppy is a Saint Bernard.

The club is run by a lovely couple, both APDT members and they make the classes fun, relaxed and very kind. Our homework for the next week is to continue practising what we did today, including walking close on lead, sit, down, recall, touch, and watch me.

The classes are based on the KC Good Citizen Puppy Foundation scheme, so hopefully Louis will be certified at the end of it  :lol2:

William and his best friend Ruby the Retriever have started classes too, aiming for KC Good Citizenship Bronze. In William's case also to stop him pulling so hard on lead so that he can do his PAT Dog assessment.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Louis had his first puppy training class today
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:53:23 PM »
Awww, thats sounds promising Elaine.  :D  What a lovely group of puppies too.  :luv:  Wish i had a puppy  :'(

You never know Louis may end up top of the class, bless him.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
It's amazing how a bit of thinking tires them out so much  :005:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
He was pretty good and is now sleeping peacefully, having exercised his single brain cell to the max.  :005:

that made me chuckle Elaine  ;)

Well done little Louis  :clapping:  & good luck with the homework  ;)

(Purdey was so good at the homework part of training, as a pup.....it was just the classroom lessons she wasn't so good at......she just wanted to play everyone  ::) )

Good luck to William  :luv: (& Ruby too  :luv: ) for the KC bronze award.......having done it with Livie, I think those two will sail through  :shades: :luv:

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:42 AM »
Penny sounds like Purdey - great at home but an embarassement at the class!! :005: :005: Louis' class sound lovely.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »

What makes you think he only has one brain cell?  :o Poor Louis  :luv:  :luv: I think you are a very clever boy  ;)

Well I used to reckon that my first two Cockers, Josh and Sam, only had 1 brain cell between them, so Louis having 1 all to himself is quite bright  :005:

Offline claire_cockerlover

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
roxy has her first class this evening, im actually quite nervous!

Offline karenann

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
You do make me laugh Elaine :005: I bet little Louis was great :luv: As for William i,m sure he will pass with flying colours :luv: :luv: Have been on hols so it,s good to be back and catch up.