Author Topic: new years eve nightmare  (Read 1976 times)

Offline grunty

new years eve nightmare
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
hi we have a 6 month old blue roan we cage him at night hes a brill pup we ae going out on new years eve from 7 at night till about 1 in the morn ? shall we leave him in the cage which we have in the kitchen or just leave him in the kitchen?

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: new years eve nightmare
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »
if i were going out from 7 till 1 i would leave cage door open  ;) have a good time and try not to worry
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Yeah i would leave cage door open, cos im guessing he will be going in his crate for 'proper' bedtime when you get in so even though he will be going out for the toilet when you get in , he would be spending a lot of time in there all in all. Have fun :D xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline grunty

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
hi thanks for the replys  i think we will leave the crate open

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
Seems a long time to leave a pup, really don't want to seem funny, have you anyone that can check on him half way through? :shades:
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline grunty

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
not really no not looking forword to it

Offline Marina and Saartje

• www.cockerandfriends.nl
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »
I wouldn't leave a pup on his own at new years eve, sorry
greetings,
Marina, Saartje and Teun

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
Not sure where in the country you are Grunty? Maybe a COLler could take your pup overnight? If you are in Central Scotland I would happily oblige  :luv:
Your pup would normally be ok but we have lots of fireworks round here - not sure what it is like beside you or if indeed your pup is even bothered (my dog is neither up nor down with them).
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Marina and Saartje

• www.cockerandfriends.nl
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
Not sure where in the country you are Grunty? Maybe a COLler could take your pup overnight? If you are in Central Scotland I would happily oblige  :luv:
Your pup would normally be ok but we have lots of fireworks round here - not sure what it is like beside you or if indeed your pup is even bothered (my dog is neither up nor down with them).
In the Netherlands there are e just a few quiet places, I gave my opinion based on that. Now I realise That England is much bigger and that there are much more quiet places.
greetings,
Marina, Saartje and Teun

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »
In the Netherlands there are e just a few quiet places, I gave my opinion based on that. Now I realise That England is much bigger and that there are much more quiet places.
So is Scotland  ;)
I am sure pupster will be fine Grunty  :D
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
big walk before hand, leave the radio on, he'll be fine!  Have a nice evening.
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
6 hours will be fine as a one off, especially as he is older now. Leave the radio on quietly, a soft light on, and give him a filled kong or chew, and plenty of toys, he'll probably just sleep most of the time, but I'm sure he will enjoy himself! :D

Although, you could always use him as an excuse either not to go, or to come home early. ;)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline brownsugar

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
Lucky you, to have a quiet new years eve, Grunty!

As Marina posted, Netherlands are a different cup of tea. We've lived in a number of places over the years (ranging from big towns to villages) and never lived quiet enough to leave dogs/cats on their own on new years eve. At 00.00 all hell breaks loose  >:D  After the more beautiful fireworks have been let off, the bangers start. The louder the better >:( >:( >:(. And it can last for two or three hours.
There has been a civil petition to Dutch Parliament to prohibit the use of fireworks everywhere (and perhaps have a central fireworks instead). Unfortunately in vain  :-\.

Emigration quickly becomes a tempting idea this time of the year  ph34r

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 11:35:30 PM »
I think he would be fine too providing you live in a quiet area, he is 6 months now so not a tiny pup. I have left mine at this age for this length of time and what I always do is leave them the radio on, I would let him have a run of the kitchen too, I give mine a stuffed kong each and a few boxes with treats in to keep them busy, I would also walk them beforehand so they are tired, Oh and as Fiona said leave him a light on.

OR yes you could use him as an excuse not to go :005: :005:

Hope you have a nice evening
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!