Author Topic: Piddling puppy  (Read 1119 times)

Offline *Yvonne*

Piddling puppy
« on: March 06, 2010, 12:53:50 PM »
Sorry for the random title  :005:
Ben is now nearly 4 months old,
He is fantastic with toileting etc, not problems at all, my problem is this.......

He gets excited, he piddles
He gets scared, he piddles
You go to take something from him he shouldn't have, he piddles
You put his lead on, he piddles

Its only tiny trickles but is it normal????
Bless him  :luv:

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
Re: Piddling puppy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
Well from my experience with Poppy its quite normal.......  She is now 2 3/4 and I think its only the last 6 months I've noticed her not doing an excited wee when something particularly good is happening  :005:

Offline suemg

• Milo and Boo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
My westie used to do this, when people came to the house she'd run to meet them and pee on their shoes. She did grow out of it!
Sue.....lucky owner of Milo and Boo

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
Maggie did the same..... still does when she sees someone REALLY exciting like her best play buddy and she's over a year now. You'll probably find the frequency decreases but they are very excitable doglets  ;)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »
I have another excitable weer here, I used to have to take him outside to greet guests,  :005: He stopped at about 6 months.

My friend has a German sheppard that still does it. Its a rescue thou. its suspected that he was bred to be a guard dog but was just too soft so gt beaten. Hes got a few issues and this is one of them. So his history may have affected it.

Offline roanangels

• Alfie is an angel, Oscar is a working progress!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Aww bless, a friend of mine had a black cocker and she used to greet people with a wee she was so excited! Again she grew out of it so hopefully Ben will too  :D

Cockers = Happiness, Alfie = Love, Oscar = Sharp Teeth

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
Lots of puppies (and some adults  :005:) do this. The important thing is not to scold or react in any way, just quietly clean it up as though nothing had happened.

If he's the excitable type, just keep everything calm and low key  :shades:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
Belle now one did this up until about 2 mths ago, she would wee with excitement everytime someone came into the house, she frequently wee'd over strangers shoes who had only stopped to pet her ph34r I was seriously cosidering put a 'pet at your own risk' sign around her neck :005: :005: :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline *Yvonne*

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
I took him to have his claws clipped and all the time he was there the dog groomer had to follow him round with disinfectant and kitchen roll cos everytime she spoke to him he piddled!!  :005: :005:

She loved him though

Thanks for your info ladies, i'm glad its not just Ben  ;)

Offline Lucianne

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »
Ah bless - this really made me laugh!  :005:
Bella does this too, though not as much as yours. I assume it's because she's a fairly submissive little thing.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
My westie used to do this, when people came to the house she'd run to meet them and pee on their shoes. She did grow out of it!

One of my Cockers, Sam, used to do exactly that when he was a puppy but eventually grew out of it at about 8 months or so.

Offline tornadof3

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »
Well Im glad its not just my puppy Archie.

Archie is now 7 months old and still does this.  We now wait until he has calmed down before we pet him and say hello.  We always try to give him something to chew on or play with when we pet him as I have heard that it is difficult for puppy’s/dogs to pee and chew at the same time??  Seems to work!

Im hoping he grows out of it as it does get quite annoying!!  But as people have said its important not to give him a row for it