Author Topic: Food For Pups  (Read 1037 times)

Offline angeline

• Site Member
    • http://
Food For Pups
« on: November 10, 2004, 10:08:53 PM »
As I  told you in another post, I am from Portugal and we do not have the same food that you have in England, so its a bit difficult to say "this food is good" or "that food is good" so I would like to know what are the protein/lipids/carbohydrates percentages of your foods.  This way, I can compare with food here.  What are the ideal percentages for 2 month old puppies.
[size=8]Isaac[/size][/font]

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Food For Pups
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 08:16:35 AM »
My dogs are all on Hills Science Plan, the analysis for their puppy complete food is as follows:

Puppy with Chicken            Puppy with Lamb & Rice

Protein                     27.8%                                                        27.8%
Fat                           18.05%                                                      18.5%
Carbohydrate            36.8%                                                       36.8%
Fibres                       2.5%                                                          2.5%
Moisture                    7.5%                                                         7.5%
Calcium                    1.29%                                                        2.29%
Phosphorous             1.00%                                                        1.00%
Sodium                     0.46%                                                        0.46%
Potassium                 0.74%                                                        0.74%
Magnesium                0.10%                                                        0.10%
Vitamin A                  9,100 IU/kg                                                9,740 IU/kg
Vitamin D                  530 IU/kg                                                   515 IU/kg
Vitamin E                   600 mg/kg                                                 600 mg/kg
Vitamin C                  70 mg/kg                                                   70 mg/kg
Omega-3 fatty acids   0.43%                                                        0.42%
Omega-6 fatty acids   3.36%                                                        3.29
Beta-carotene            1.5 mg/kg                                                  1.5 mg/kg

For some reason this is not displaying as I typed it, I hope you can follow it  :unsure:
The first percentage is for the Chicken & the second for the Lamb & Rice.
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Food For Pups
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 11:12:11 AM »
Brodie has Burns Mini Bites and composition is as follows (per 100g):

Protein 21%
Oil 11%
Fibre 2%
Ash 7%
Moisture 9%
Vitamin A 10,000 i.u./kg
Vitamin D 1500 i.u./kg
Vitamin E 80mg/kg
Copper 15mg/kg

The ingredients are:

Brown Rice
Chicken
Oats
Peas
Sunflower Oil, Chicken Oil
Ocean Fish, Seaweed
Minerals & Vitamins

Burns is quite a respected Brand of dog food here and it seems to agree with my 2 :D .
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline PennyB

Food For Pups
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 10:29:58 PM »
I'd ask your breeder as your pup wil already be on a certain food which you have to continue with once the pup is home and if you change it change it over gradually

If you go to the Burns website there's an email to contact in Portugal (at bottom of page)

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!