Author Topic: New Games  (Read 885 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
New Games
« on: November 23, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »
I'm just wondering what games you all teach your pups to keep them amused??   :P

Daisy is now 5 months old and is a real little character!! She does all the sit, lie down and recall stuff very well and also loves the 'Find It' game (with her toys hidden under things) and is also great at fetch (she also drops it 'nearly' every time!)   :D

She is very clever (a true cocker!!)  ;) and I'm sure there are loads more games and tricks I could be teaching her ... but I just don't know what!

Any suggestions of 'thinking' games and tricks would be most appreciated by myself and Daisy!     :)  
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
New Games
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 06:59:50 PM »
One of Tilly's favourite games is where you get three or four plastic plant-pots, (empty!) hide a treat under one of them, shuffle them around and get her to find the treat.  Doesn't take her long usually but she loves it and it is great fun as she thoroughly investigates each plantpot to ensure that no treats have been left under any others (always lives in hope  :rolleyes: )  Only drawback is that she now loves plantpots and has been known to dump the contents to get at one.  Still I don't mind, never was much of a gardener  :P

Sue and Tilly the Plant-pot

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
New Games
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 09:13:46 PM »
When Molo was about the same age as Daisy, we began playing a game described by Sue in this thread as roaring ninny (4th post down from the top)

Molo loves it :lol:  :lol: It reduces him (and me) to an exhausted, panting heap in just a few minutes!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
New Games
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 08:42:37 AM »
When Molo was about the same age as Daisy, we began playing a game described by Sue in this thread as roaring ninny (4th post down from the top)

Molo loves it   It reduces him (and me) to an exhausted, panting heap in just a few minutes!

Oh Rachel, I was keeping quiet about that one after embarrassing myself last time  :lol:  :lol:

Glad Molo enjoys it too  :D

Roaring Ninnies of the world unite!

Sue (RN) and Tilly, who loves Roaring Ninnies wherever they are  :rolleyes:  

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
New Games
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 08:52:31 AM »
Me and my wife kneel at either end of the hallway. One of us has his favorite blanket and the other hold him. We cover ourselves with the blanket and call Kyro in a daft dog voice. The the other one lets him go. He comes scampering and tries to pull the blanket off us. Then we switch. Not exactly brain taxing for him but keeps him highly emused for ages, and wears him out.

Trouble is last night we threw the blanket over him and he duely went to walk into the front door....won't be doing that on again. :P  :P  :P  
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)