Author Topic: The First Night  (Read 1393 times)

Offline angeline

• Site Member
    • http://
The First Night
« on: December 04, 2004, 09:35:29 AM »
The first night at home, little Isaac was an angel.  I choose not to train him with a crate and so I found a box and placed his bed inside, in my room.  He cried for about 2-3 min. after I turned off the light and thenstayed quiet.  I got up 2-2 hours to take him to the newspaper. When he actually did do it on the newspaper I gave him a little treat, otherwise a big NO!  
Did I do everything right??  Now all he has to is learn....

But all in all, he was very well-behaved, I was so surprised...
[size=8]Isaac[/size][/font]

Offline betastorm

• Site Member
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v208/betastorm/
The First Night
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 10:11:05 AM »
Ooh lucky you, that seemed to go well :rolleyes:   I'm sure when it comes to me I'll get one that howls all night for a week :blink:

Wendy
Wendy and little Molly

Offline nikki

• Site Member
The First Night
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »
you are soooo lucky!

Millie howled for about 20 mins on her first night i felt so bad thats the longest i could leave her so i got up with her and she fell asleep with me holding her paw.

ater that we decided to let her have the run of the living room(daring or what)

she has been fine ever since!  although she doesnt like her bed at night and prefers to sleep on a pillow outside our bedroom door.

I wish we had used to crate though it would have been easier in the long run.

Offline angeline

• Site Member
    • http://
The First Night
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:50:58 AM »
The reason I don't use a crate is because I really don't have the space!! During the day, while I am out, he will be staying in a closed terrace that I have.  While I am home he can have a run in the living room.

He is so crazy, funny, sweet.... I am in love... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
[size=8]Isaac[/size][/font]

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
The First Night
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 11:47:40 AM »
:) What a good boy Issac !  Glad the first night went well - Good luck and lots of cuddles xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
The First Night
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 12:12:20 PM »
Awww isn't he clever  :D  give him a ((( cuddle )) from me  :wub:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
The First Night
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 02:09:20 PM »
Yes, you are lucky :D

Bailey's first night was hectic! He started to miss his brothers and sisters at about seven and showed it all night!
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Sue H

The First Night
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 05:38:02 PM »
I didn't have a crate when we got Bramble, so instead used my old nursery fireguard which had been languishing in the loft for years - I screwed 'eyes' into the edges of two kitchen units so the fireguard made up the two edges of a square in one corner.  I just didn't want him pestering Barley all night, seeing as she was really trying her best, at 7, to get on with the new puppy!

He was fine, and didn't cry - he could see and sniff Barley, and I used to get him out first thing (when I had made his scrambled egg or whatever it was for breakfast!!) and gradually we left them together more and more so that we could make sure he wasn't going to try her patience; he was really good however, and (still) only jumps up and down on her when he is excited ...!!

tracee

The First Night
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 07:29:05 PM »
:D awww a big well done isaac :D
                              tracee xxxxx

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
The First Night
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 09:03:36 PM »
:lol: well done little isaac you clever litle sausage no wonder your mummy  :P luvs ya xxxxxx