Author Topic: Yuletide  (Read 1871 times)

Offline DiJon

Yuletide
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »
Do puppies and Christmas trees work ?  :lol:

Due to put ours up shortly, but as this is our 1st Christmas with a 5 month old pup we were just wondering how long the tree would last.
Di & Jon

Offline MHG

Re: Yuletide
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
ahh your pup is beautiful! I am wondering the same as mine will be 4 months exactly on christmas day!!
Millie and Michele

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
As we speak, we are putting ours up now :005:  early I know, but with kids you can just about get away with it!  Odie has been OK (it's his 1st Christmas too), he has had a sniff but not attacked any baubles yet (crossing fingers ;))  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline MHG

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:22:17 PM »
Good luck Lesley!! Look forward to hearing if it stays up with everything in tact. Mind you Odie is that bit older and hopefully wiser than our little pups!! :005:
Millie and Michele

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
We have never had such a young puppy at Xmas before, as Georgia is only 16 weeks old.  Still planning to put the tree up next weekend, so i imagine it is going to be a case of 'see what happens'  :shades:  Fingers crossed she doesn't take too much of a liking to the tree.  :P

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Do puppies and Christmas trees work ?  :lol:

Due to put ours up shortly, but as this is our 1st Christmas with a 5 month old pup we were just wondering how long the tree would last.

Mainly depends where you put the tree and access to same I guess. Katie and Smudge are still youg enough to get up to mischief, so I tend to put the tree above the level they can reach and in the living room with the door firmly closed when I am not about to supervise proceedings  ;)

If you do much the same it will save tears all round I should think. Don't want pups weeing on the electrics or anything.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »
Good luck Lesley!! Look forward to hearing if it stays up with everything in tact. Mind you Odie is that bit older and hopefully wiser than our little pups!! :005:

Thanks!  Yes Odie will be 1 just after Christmas so I'm hoping he'll not discover his mad manic 'puppy behaviour' again :005: 

I await your replies in the coming days/weeks about whose pup has launched themselves in the tree :005:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline mooching

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

You could always buy a playpen and put the tree inside!  ;)

I would have thought it would be fine, so long as you keep an eye on her and make sure she's never alone with the tree.

Offline DiJon

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »
I await your replies in the coming days/weeks about whose pup has launched themselves in the tree :005:

:011:
Di & Jon

Offline Betty

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
Roxy will be 9 months and we are expecting bad things then we won't be disappointed  :005: :005:

Despite protesets from the children we are planning to get a smaller one this year and put it up on the coffee table ~ fingers crossed

Offline maggieann

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »
We put ours up today and were about to put the new lights on the tree when I noticed something strange - the wires had been chewed through.
Torin must have been very busy, cause 10 mins previously the lights were fine. :o  

But this is the first year that any of my dogs have gone near the tree. :blink:
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »
Annie has never bothered with our tree, yet when Cavvy Maisie was a pup we couldn't have one  :'( she was a  >:D
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
Ahhh it brings back so many good memories of my little girl Poppy, she loved xmas even for a dog she would go under the tree to route out any hidden presents, no trouble with the lights, but please be carefull if you put hanging chocolate on your tree for the kids. Dogs love it but as you know it can and will make them very poorly, and that's the last thing you want at xmas. How I do envy all of you with new puppies this xmas enjoy.  Love Dianne and Pebbles x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
No worries about tree chocs - I never put them on (between my daughters and OH, they would never last a day :005:)

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »
Our dog sitter looked after a dog last year that managed to shread a 4' tree. He went out for 2 hours with the tree on the coffee table. By the time he got home it was just a stick. He has this briliant photo of the dog wrapped in tinsel and the dog happerly holding a stick with a base attached.