Author Topic: Yuletide  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Yuletide
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
Ellie has never been the slightest bit interested in our tree.  The things underneath it - now that is a different thing!

Offline lemoniee

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
This is what I've been worringly discussing with my oh, delta will be 5months when I am planning putting the tree up next week, the 6ft tree is usually on a coffee table in the bay window of our living room, I'm hoping she won't be bothered by it but she is a crazy little cocker sooo...
I sure won't be leaving her in the room alone with the said tree but I do also put a long garland running up the banister in the hall way which mit interest her! Will have to see how she goes...

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
I tied our tree to the curtain rail  ph34r but that was to stop a toddler rather than a pupster  ph34r :005:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Murphy was 9 months on his first Christmas. I never put choccie treats on the tree (I normally would) and after a sniff he never bothered his backside with it.

I'm not sure Maddi has ever actually noticed we have a tree up for 1 month every year :lol2:
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline jessandme

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
We are contemplating putting the tree (artificial not real) on top of the crate - the crate has a cover over the top, and we do tend to put things on there already when we don't want our little investigator to get at them - newspapers for instance remain unshredded. 

My OH suggested hanging the tree upside down from the ceiling, I said fine but up to him to put the hook up there.  So far nothing has happened.   :005:

Offline curly_locks

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
I don't hold out much hope for our Christmas tree this year - a 5 month old cocker, a 4 month old kitten, a tree-crazy cat and 2 small children. I'm going to have to hold on and put it up as late as possible so that I have a small chance of it still being upright on the big day  :lol2:

Offline ESB

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »
Our tree is up (yesterday)..watch this space.  so far so good, but I'd never trust him alone with it! >:D >:D

Offline MrsG

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
Our little Jasper is 3 and a half months, my brothers baby daughter Sophie is 6 months and about to crawl. We are currently taking bets on whos christmas tree will stay up the longest. So far smart money is on baby Sophie, nobody seems to think our tree will last more than an hour!!!!!!!!!

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »
Have to admit, Odie (11 months) has already been under ours a number of times (always managing to pinch a bauble from somewhere on the way :shades:).  I've had to put 2 puppy pen panels in a sort of 'v' shape to cover the front and deny his access :005:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »
Lady loves getting at the tree, not for the baubles or anything like that, just that the lowest branches are at the best level to tickle her back!!

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »
I thought Jennie had been very good until we pulled the settee out and they were baubles and a piece of the tree it was artificial apart from toddlers socks  and toys,but in later years she used to lie under it. Penny was quite good lastyear at nine months but she stills loves to carry things about so we willll see.
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
I do think soft and also shiny things hold a fascination for them - some just can't help themselves wanting to carry them around
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.