Author Topic: Dog coats to use with harnesses?  (Read 10968 times)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Dog coats to use with harnesses?
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
Hi,  I have been looking at which waterproof / reflective dog coat to buy for our winter walks but Jinley wears a harness.  Do these just fit over the dog coats or does the lead fix to them?

Thanks

Pat

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Dog coats to use with harnesses?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
My two have Hurtta rain coats.  Their harnesses just fit over the top.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
Jodie wears a harness and I tend to put her harness over the top of her coat which is fine unless you want to take her coat off when you are out on the walk.

I did find a fleece coat that is made to wear with a harness underneath and has the slot for the D ring to pop through, trouble is there is no name on the fleece to say who made it I will see if I can find the web site as I was going to look this winter to see if they did any waterproof coats.

Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »

Am interested in this thread as both mine wear a harness. Dylan has too because of his eye condition. Have been looking for a waterproof dog coat I can use with his harness underneath. Have tried it with the harness over his equafleece, but does not find it comfortable.

Erica.

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
We have this problem too, I use bella's equafleece coat in winter and struggle putting a harness over it

Offline praia

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
I use weatherbeeta dog blankets (similar to horse blankets) and they all come with slots for the d ring of a harness to fit through.  They offer a great line of very warm waterproof jackets with reflective strips running down them.  I prefer dog blankets as they're easy to come on and off a dog and don't restrict their movement.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
I have found these - anyone used them?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=1http://346&pf_id=55733&co=fr
(you will have to copy and paste it into your search bar as for some reason it would not allow the hyperlink)

Pat

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »

Just bought one of these and there is a small hole in the neck area so I will see if the harness D ring fits through when I try it on her later.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DANISH-DESIGN-WATERPROOF-LUXURY-DUSTY-BLUE-DOG-COAT-NEW-/400178106519?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item9bff58876b

Pat

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
Bob has the Hurtta overall with 4 legs .... i have had mine for about 3 years now and it has been fantastic
I can not recomend it enuff ..... sometime Bob has a harnes and it fits over the top of the coat with no problem
in fac bob had his Hurtta coat on only just now when we were out for our afternoon walk and the heavens opend
here he is in it

Am interested in this thread as both mine wear a harness. Dylan has too because of his eye condition. Have been looking for a waterproof dog coat I can use with his harness underneath. Have tried it with the harness over his equafleece, but does not find it comfortable.

Erica.
I think Hurtta had a stand at Discover dog last year.... they may be there this year .... Bob has always got his in the car if you would like to have a look at it at our next meet up

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Bob has the Hurtta overall with 4 legs .... i have had mine for about 3 years now and it has been fantastic
I can not recomend it enuff ..... sometime Bob has a harnes and it fits over the top of the coat with no problem
in fac bob had his Hurtta coat on only just now when we were out for our afternoon walk and the heavens opend
here he is in it

Erica.
I think Hurtta had a stand at Discover dog last year.... they may be there this year .... Bob has always got his in the car if you would like to have a look at it at our next meet up

Agree about the Hurtta coats.  Mine have the 'legless' ones which are fantastic (with harness over the top).
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
The one I bought had the slot in the wrong place for a harness - but it might be okay with the harness over the top for this winter.  I will invest in a Hurtta one when she has stopped growing.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Pat

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »

Going to look when at Discover Dogs