Author Topic: Whose pup has there first Christmas with them this year?  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Choc-Chip

Whose pup has there first Christmas with them this year?
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:01:15 AM »
There are quite a few pups at the minute so was wondering who has got there first Christmas with there pup and how old they are. This will be Woody's first Christmas with us and he's just turned a year so was only very little last Christmas at the breeders. So who else out there has a pup who's with them for their first Christmas? 

The joys of pulling over the Christmas tree and knocking baubles off all over again for us... :005:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Whose pup has there first Christmas with them this year?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
It's not Odie's 1st Christmas with us (that was last year) but I just wanted to say that even though I had his puppy panels surrounding our tree last year, he STILL managed to squeeze himself through it and munch on my chocolate seashells which were under there :P  Cue a lot of panicking about chocolate poisoning......  This year no chocolates are going to be in reach of norty paws :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »
Oh dear naughty Odie hehe :005:

Yes, we don't have chocs under the tree, they'd be gone in an instant with our 3!

Offline dawn

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 09:25:31 AM »
Yes its going to be Henry's first Christmas. He will be 11 months and is going to his grannies for the day!  It should be fun, Henry's a very active  and norty young man!  :005:

Is anyone brave enough to have a tree?  :lol:

Offline debsy09

• Deputy Dillon
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Dillon's first Christmas and he will be 10 months.....really looking forward to spoiling him with a few pressies  ;)

Our tree is the centrepiece of our Christmas decorating (don't have much else to be honest) and we have quite a large real tree every year......bit worried this might not be a good idea this year.  Not sure whether to just do it and hope he gets used to it or wait until next year when he is a bit older/not so inquisitive???? 

Debs

Offline Megatron

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
I have already warned the kids that we probably wont be having a tree and that advent calendars are to be kept well out of reach!
Meg is 6 months old, so things should be interesting.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Yes its going to be Henry's first Christmas. He will be 11 months and is going to his grannies for the day!  It should be fun, Henry's a very active  and norty young man!  :005:

Is anyone brave enough to have a tree?  :lol:

It is Jinleys first Christmas and she will be just under 6 months old.  I dont normally have a tree in the house, but I have in the past got a large real one on the patio so you can see it through the doors with lights on in a large metal frame for stability - will probably do this again, just decorating the fireplace, windows and hall.

Trying to get the biting under control before the onslaught of guests!
 >:( >:( >:(

Pat

Offline jen1876

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
Jasper's first Christmas too, he will be 4 months old on Boxing Day  :luv:

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »
Yep Mollie's first Christmas,she will be 8 1/2months, it will also be her first winter in Spain as we are off on 18th Dec.  :blink: As we shall be in our motorhome we shall have a small tabletop tree with lights so hopefully she won't reach it  :005:

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Yep Mollie's first Christmas,she will be 8 1/2months, it will also be her first winter in Spain as we are off on 18th Dec.  :blink: As we shall be in our motorhome we shall have a small tabletop tree with lights so hopefully she won't reach it  :005:
Wow lucky Mollie! That sounds fun. We're off to Padstow in Cornwall over Christmas so hopefully we'll get on all the great beaches and be cooking our own little dinner.

Offline Manster62

• Dylan and Daisy
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
Dylan had his first Christmas with us last year and was as good as gold with the tree. This year Daisy has joined the family and she'll be nine months old. She's much more of a little live-wire and I can just imagine what will happen when they decide to play-fight!!

Still, I'm going to risk putting the tree up and just hope for the best!  :005:

Looking forward to watching them both un-wrap their presents on Christmas morning - and then we're off to my brother's in Kent for Dylan and Daisy to cause havoc there!  ;)
Dylan - b: January 2010  and  Daisy - b: March 2011
RIP Meggie - b: February 1997  - d: December 2009

Offline ria-and-baxter

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
Baxter will be 15 weeks at Christmas + no doubt most of our time will be spent distracting him from baubles and tinsel! Looking forward to him *helping* us open presents!

Offline Deyna

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
It will be Joy's first Christmas with us too.. :D She is four months old.. :021:

We will have a tree...and everything will be ok..! I like being optimistic..!

I will try the trick I tried with my other dog Danni. He is now three years old but as a puppy he was a hurricane.. >:D

I noticed that whenever he watched me doing something..when I wasn't in the picture anymore he would go and destroy that something. So I made him wait in another room as we brought and decorated the tree. When we were done , I let him come into the livingroom and I pretended there is nothing different about it and that the tree is no big deal. And this has worked for the past 3 years! We always have a tree and noone messes with it. I hope this wiil work with our new puppy too  :003:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »
Yup, Toby's first Christmas and he will be nine months old on Christmas Eve.  We really need a new tree but now I'm wondering whether it will be worth it cos I'm sure it will take a battering (just like everything else).  :005: :005:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline tenaille

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
Beau will be 4 months at Christmas, I bet he gets more presents than me !  Our last cocker, Bryn, only had 1 accident at Christmas which was when we visited my sisters house and he immediately cocked his leg onto her daughters sack of presents.