Author Topic: can't do this anymore  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: can't do this anymore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
A great bit pat on the back to you all.  Your hard work and persistence is paying off.   :clapping:  Well done.  You sounded exhausted (understandably) and there were times when I could have cried and was completely cream crackered myself.  Patience and consistency are the key points to training as I found out.  You will get there in the end - promise.  Well done!

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
So glad you have made some progress, I didn't post before as I didn't have any good advice for you, keep up with the plan it sounds like its working already and before you know all this will seem like a lifetime away. Lots of positive thoughts for you xx

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Sounds like the training is also bonding him with you - am soo pleased to hear the improvement

You have a way to go yet and some days will be hard but two steps forward and one back every now and then and you will get there

Loads of love and hugs to you x x x

Offline sine

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Long overdue update on Mylo.

What a difference a month or two makes.

We stuck by Geordietykes plan and we have a different dog :D :D

He goes to bed at night in his crate without a peep, in fact last night he ran into his crate he was so tired and slept or at least was quiet till we woke up at 8.45am this morning.
Crating during the day is better and he still cries for a few minutes when we leave but quietens very quickly , that still pulls on my heart strings and to be honest he really doesn't get left that often, we take him with us.

We have him doing tricks and he seems to be a quick learner and enjoys games etc.

My only concern is he still doesn't tell us when he needs to pee, we have a few accidents  >:D. Mylo is fine overnight and usually he sits by the door when he wants to go out, but just sometimes he comes into the room and looks at us with his ears pinned back looking very guilty and you just know he has done something   :wasntme: :wasntme:  ----but we can work on that.

So a huge thanks to you all who posted on my thread with advice and support. I am loving having my cocker and would not ever be without him.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 06:57:44 PM »
Thats fab news.  :D The first year is difficult for sure but so worth it, glad all your hard work is paying off.

Willow is 16 months now and has only just started indicating she needs the loo, not that she wet and messed until then but we had to be on the ball, on the plus side the older they get the more the can hold their bladder  :005:

Some updated photos would be good plz?  :005:

Offline sine

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
Maddy have changed my profile photo just for you  :D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
That is great news - sounds like you have made fab progress in just a few weeks :clapping:

Re the toilet training - do you take him out at regular intervals?  When she was little I used to take Coco out every half an hour or hour.  Now she is 6, I still take Coco out at regular intervals for a wee as she is not so good at asking during the day although she no longer wees inside.  At night she will bark if she needs to go out but during the day I just make sure she goes out frequently whether she needs to or not - she always does a wee anyway  :D  The more often Mylo does his wees etc outside the more likely he will get into the habit of not doing it inside  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
 it will all come in time , my Milo was very easy to house train but Bailey was a much harder dog , he just didnt get it for ages but you just have to have patience and as others have said put him out often and praise him lots after hes been the first year is a pretty dteep learning curve for dog and owner but they do come right in the end , they are only babies and have to learn alot of things , you sound like you and he are doing fine  :blink:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline angie68

• connie
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
What a lovely update & well done you for putting in the hard work to turn things around.
The first year is really hard i found it a shock to the system,it was just like having a naughty toddler around all the time pushing the boundaries and who was constantly up to no good and we needed eyes in the back of our heads too :005: but really it was just the puppy stage.  Keep up the routine of taking him outside regularly to go to the toilet and lots of praise and he will eventually start letting you know when he needs to go out. 
We survived it and you will too especially as you have made such brilliant progress so far. 
Angie x
Angie & Connie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:15 PM »
Really pleased to read your update :D

Well done for working so hard :banana: :banana:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
I am so pleased the info worked for you  :banana:  It's always trial and error with any information given!  It feels so good though doesn't it, when things just come together :luv: Well done for all your hard work and perseverance  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Catie74

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 11:51:27 PM »
Well done to the both of you.  I did not think we would ever get there when Archie was younger and there were times when I seriously wondered if I had done the right thing.  But Archie was 2 yesterday, I adore him to bits and would not swap him for the world.  He can still be a little s*d at times but he is so funny and loving I would not want him any other way (well except for the the picnic stealing) but other than that......

Each day will get better believe me and you will soon forget how hard it was and start thinking about another puppy. :005:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
Thanks for updating your profile pic  :luv:

Offline Clare B

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 03:45:47 AM »
I have just read through this thread, and what a fabulous example it is of how wonderful this site is, with the help, encouragement and advise.

Well done COLers you are a great tribute to a wonderful breed of dog.

I wish I had found this site when Flo was a pup, but managed to fumble my way through anyway.

Best wishes to Sine and Mylo, looks like you've worked hard together and broken through to the other side.

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
what a lovely update you have both coe so far and its great to be able to share your success.  :banana: