Author Topic: Eye colouring  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Inca

• Site Member
Eye colouring
« on: January 03, 2003, 05:10:58 PM »
Inca is 9 weeks old and doing fine in all aspects.

We have noticed however, that he has a fine blue line around the top edge of the iris in one eye (the other one is all brown) This is only noticable when you lift the top eye-lid.

Is this normal for a puppy of his age? will it go away when growing up? or is this a cause for concern?                    
Sandra, John and Inca

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Eye colouring
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 11:11:28 PM »
Not exactly sure if I'm looking at what you are looking at Inca but I've checked all our Cockers & they all have a pale blue line (barely noticeable though) around the iris so I guess it's normal :) If you are still worried, just ask your vet to check the next time you take your pup (eg for vaccinations)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Inca

• Site Member
Eye colouring
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 11:33:05 AM »
Thanks Jane. Inca Has had his first vaccination, and got a clean bill of health from the vet. I was just a little concerned, as the blue seemed to be more prominent in one eye than the other, although you do have to look closely to see it.
We gave him a dose of worming granules yesterday(Panacure), what a reaction. Inca did nothing but wine and run around manic for a few hours, totally out of character for him!!! The sight was very imformative on the reactions from Panacure which eased the mind of a very anxious "mummy". Thankyou once again. He is absolutely fine this morning back to his old self.                    
Sandra, John and Inca

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Eye colouring
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 02:06:35 PM »
As you have obviously read, I had the same reaction with Lottie.  I am now using Drontal.  I didn't finish the course of Panacur, the vet advised to use thr Dronral tablet instead (easy for me as Lottie will eat anything! ;D, has it's drawbacks though! ::))                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Inca

• Site Member
Eye colouring
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 08:07:13 PM »
Hi Mary
Already ordered the drontal. Won't be finishing the course of Panacure. Will the Drontal crush so that I can give it mixed in with Inca's afternoon meal of cereals?                    
Sandra, John and Inca

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Eye colouring
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2003, 09:12:48 PM »
I did try and crush the Drontal tablet, not very successfully though.  But like I said, Lottie eats anything so there wasn't much effort on my part! ;D                    
Mary & Lottie x