Author Topic: Poor thing.  (Read 793 times)

Offline Chocolate Hero

Poor thing.
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »
Well its been an interesting morning. OH came down stairs to find that the dogs face had swelled up so much he couldnt see & had huge jowles. Poor things had to have a trip to the vets for steroids to bring it down. Vet thinks hes either been stung or bitten in the night.

Back home waiting for swelling to go down least he can see again so its on the way down. Still lucks adorable with no visible face  :005:
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Poor thing.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Poor thing, hope the swelling reduces soon :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »
What a scare :o. Hopefully the steroids will work quickly and the swelling will go down as quick as it came up. Did it affect his breathing at all?

The same thing happened to my first Cocker Josh when OH and I were staying with his parents the Christmas when Josh was still a puppy. His face became very puffy and I had to rush him to the vet on Boxing Day. The swelling went down as quick as it had come up. We never knew what caused it and he never had another reaction to anything. Hopefully it will be a one off for your boy too :luv:

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Hello, again

If your little chocolate beauty is called Jethro, we met at Marsden a few weeks back.
It seems their learning process is full of anxiety for us :013:
Miya thinks that every dog is friendly and chases fly'
s, bees and wasps all over the garden. Only can but hope they get through it without too much pain and of coarse learn from each experience.

I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self in no time :luv: :luv:

Mel.

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
luckily no it hasnt affected his breathing, got a bit of a temp. The vet thinks a bee or ant are the most likely cause. No idea at what point in night its happened. hes still his bright perky self (asleep at moment). No sign of the culprit, think what ever it was has come in the vent in the kitchen. hes probably chased it & eaten it.

was not my monday morning plans.

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
Poor little mite, hope he is feeling comfortable now  :bigarmhug:

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »
I've enquired about allergy tablets before for stings - it might be worth investing in some just in case (Piriton - but the drowsy ones). Poor soul :(.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
Have a collie that has major alleries so used to dealing with it. Can see the sting or bite site on his gum now. not sure on piriton dose for a pup (incase you didnt know the piriton from the vets is just out of human use piriton). i know an adult collie can have up to twice adult dose a day if really bad. Hi carnell, yes its jethro.

Hes feeling sorry for him self but he has a face again. A raw hide chew is distracting him. Not much you can do when its over night & nothing there when we went to bed, least hes on the mend, defiantly needed the steroid this morning.

They certainly keep you on your toes.