Author Topic: Raisin' Raisin.........  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Sula

• Raisin
Raisin' Raisin.........
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
The title says it all...we are picking him up  about 2 this afternoon, so I will be posting later to let you know how it is going. I think the title might change to Raisin Rasin' his hoomans though  :005:

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
Re: Raisin' Raisin.........
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:32:39 AM »
I think you might be right about that  ;) I've got two puppy books and one on cocker spaniels but Roxy still took me by surprise  :005: Enjoy every minute of you new arrival.
We'd never had a dog before Roxy and took a lot of thought about getting her, she's been with us for nearly year and I wouldn't change a thing about her (well maybe her slightly early alarm call  :o )
I hope times flies for you today xx

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
If he's anything like Penny, who may well be related, he'll be a fab puppy! Regards to Val and Colin.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:44 AM »
How exciting ...
like Di I know a lovely cocker
from there....

And I would say if wee Raisin :luv:is
anything like her you are on a winner!
steffxxx

Offline scotsclyde

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
Congrates :clapping: You must be so excited. My puppy's father is totenkopt dutch doubloon and he is so friendly. My neighbor has voted him as the friendliest dog on my street :005: Get ready for lots of cocker hugs

Offline SimonW

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »
So how's Raisin settling in?

Offline Peony

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
Hope you've had a lovely afternoon!  :D
Gemma & Gracie

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
Finally got some time to post! Raisin asleep on my youngest at the moment and been having fun playing with his toys and also Rubens  :blink: The cats are looking on a bit non plussed but Mauja has been the closest and allowed Raisin to sniff his foot. The weather has been rotten but he managed to wee on a pad so that was good and hopefully he will see Ruben outside tomorrow and copy him.

Not eating much yet but that will soon change and he makes the cutest noises  :luv:

Wondering what the night will bring but will post about that tomorrow and also get some piccies on.

Offline karen488

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
Loving the name. What a thrilling time. Remember it well and v jealous, enjoy!

Offline ElvieMogs

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
Welcome to the new cocker puppy owners club! Hope you have as much fun as we are. Baby Cockers are  :luv: :luv:

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »
Apologies for the delay in updating. The first night went quite well - up at 2 and then finally  up at 5:15 as my OH went to the loo and the temptation of toes was too much!

Today he has been outside and playing well there - Piccies on the puppy photo page. I also think he might be sneaking on to post on the norty page soon..... but I will let him tell you about that!  >:D

He is very friendly and likes to give cocker cuddles and kisses already, but you need to beware as the cockerdile can come out and suddenly teeth are attacking you ear or nose. Ruben has been very patient with him and is wondering why he gets fed 4 times a day - as do the cats. He is on the fish4dogs as Val had swapped him to that as his gut was a little upset and the cats also like the smell and you need to keep them as well as Ruben away when he is eating. Having said that he is eating well but tends to knock it all over the place.

Last night was good also - up at 2, then 5 but went back to sleep as OH stayed away from the toilet and was finally up about 6:00. He also made very little noise after going back to bed so happy with this.

We are inviting my mum over to bring her little shi tzu and will introduce them in the garden - that worked well for Ruben and Raisin so fingers crossed it works well for Benji. If I can will post some piccies about that meeting. He asleep beside me on the couch (oh yes - dogs allowed on the couch here) and just had a dream with little woofs in it - so sweet and lovable. It is fun reading about all the puppies at the moment and great to be able to add to that with Raisin.   :luv: :luv: :luv: