Author Topic: is my baby weeny ???  (Read 1409 times)

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
is my baby weeny ???
« on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
got Rosie weighed today and she weighs 2.9 kilos is that tiny and i`m here thinking she is really tubby  :luv:

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
Re: is my baby weeny ???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
I think she looks fine  :luv: I have used this chart as a guide for Alfie http://mycockerspaniel.com/weights_der_cockerpups.htm

You need to scroll down for the English Cockers and there is a separate chart for boys and girls. Alfie was 3.3kg and fits in nicely to the boy chart  :luv:

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
Not sure of her age but Riley at 10weeks was 4.2kg.

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »

Hi Jessie as a pup was about the same weight at 8 weeks. She is now 8years and is a small cocker spaniel and weight 10.4.kgs.  Hope I am right in saying that bitches are smaller than dogs anyway.  Aslong as she is growing steadily is eating and has the normal energy of a pup her age I would not worry.

Erica.

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
ok maybe shes not to tiny she is 8 weeks and 5 days  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
ok maybe shes not to tiny she is 8 weeks and 5 days  :luv: :luv: :luv:

She fits into the 2 month range then doesn't she? They are all so different anyway, just like children so try not to worry  :bigarmhug: :luv: :luv: I can tell Alfie has grown in the few days we have had him!  ;)

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
I think she looks fine  :luv: I have used this chart as a guide for Alfie http://mycockerspaniel.com/weights_der_cockerpups.htm

You need to scroll down for the English Cockers and there is a separate chart for boys and girls. Alfie was 3.3kg and fits in nicely to the boy chart  :luv:

I'm not a huge fan of weight charts to be honest as there is quite a big variation in Cocker puppies so you could have pups of the same age who differ quite radically in weight but still are perfectly healthy and "normal". Some pups are genetically programmed to be petite and some much heavier - as long as pup is eating well and is lively and happy, there usually isn't anything to worry about :D
Jane

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
Henry was 2.95kg at 9 weeks and 3.5kg at 10 weeks 2 days, so on the small side. The vet said he was fine. Looking at different litters there's always smaller and larger ones. I'm hoping mine will grow up to be small, as I quite like the wee ones! I wouldn't worry!

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
Freya was 1.47kg at just over 8 weeks  :005:

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
I think she looks fine  :luv: I have used this chart as a guide for Alfie http://mycockerspaniel.com/weights_der_cockerpups.htm

You need to scroll down for the English Cockers and there is a separate chart for boys and girls. Alfie was 3.3kg and fits in nicely to the boy chart  :luv:

This chart seems to be on the heavy side for ECSs. I've met a few ECSs in the States and they were huge, so perhaps they're just bred bigger over there...

Offline PennyB

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »
she's fine - in my opinion its about steadily gaining weight while they grow rather than what weight they actually are

Wilf was under 2kg (about 1.4/5) at same age so you can see there's not really any comparison - as an adult he's now 11kg
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »
Jinley was 3.4kg at 10 weeks.  So Rosie sounds about fine.  They grow at different rates in the first year so I wouldnt get really paranoid about it!

Pat

Offline ElvieMogs

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »

Oh I wish this included more brands of food. I find it very frustrating that dog foods lists ingredients and food types but not calories. We've decided to go with wainwrights trays with a bit of barking heads kibble as Madoc seems to enjoy some crunch. So far we've just added some wainwrights to the Royal Canin his breeders were giving him & he loves it!

Incidentally he was checked over by our vet at 8 weeks 1 day, he was described as "chunky" & weighed 4 kg