Author Topic: Bit confused re toilet training!  (Read 2812 times)

Offline **purpleprincess**

Re: Bit confused re toilet training!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
We had a wee outside!!!!  :banana: :cool4:
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »
Well done Luca!!  :cool4:

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
Well Done Luca :cool4:

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
 :banana: :banana: :cool4: good boy luca  :cool4: :banana: :banana:

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
And now a pooh outside!!!  :banana: :cool4: :clapdance:

Only you guys understand how happy this makes me!

Although, his last pooh was 6.15am and he's had 3 meals before doing this pooh, so 11 hours. Is that normal?!!  :huh:

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
Yay Luca - what a clever puppy  :luv: As far as timing between poos cannot help you there.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »
Mine used to poo immediately after eating - now it can be hours without. Very annoying, as you don't know when they need to go. Having said that, Henry barked at the step (the nearest place to the door for him) earlier and I took him out and he pooed, so hopefully that is his sign.
Luca will get the hang of outside - sounds as if she is now.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »
I've had such a mix! 10 minutes after eating, an hour after eating now 11 hours with 3 meals!!

Offline lola B

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
how is it going now it seems you are making some kind of progress anyway i hope everything go`s well Rosies bed time hasent been fantastic but toilet training is going pretty good i am so glad  :luv: :luv: :luv:

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
how is it going now it seems you are making some kind of progress anyway i hope everything go`s well Rosies bed time hasent been fantastic but toilet training is going pretty good i am so glad  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Since that outside wee and outside poo we had an inside wee and inside poo. Both within seconds of us coming back in! Cheeky! I stand out there for 20-30 mins waiting and then decide to give it another go in 5 mins and then he does it when we come in. I stood for an hour earlier on today!!!

Bedtime is fine, he gets in his crate to sleep and gets up and wees twice, again both times I take him out and he does it the second we come in!  >:D  :005: I have had the door open last 2 nights and I'm not sure whether to have the door closed tonight... Hmmm!

Offline lola B

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
oh poor you i thought i had it hard an hour outside poor you  >:D hopefully he will catch on soon by the way he is beautiful  :luv: :luv: :luv:

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
oh poor you i thought i had it hard an hour outside poor you  >:D hopefully he will catch on soon by the way he is beautiful  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Haha! I don't mind, just need him to be quicker! He'll twig soon I'm sure. Got him doing 'sit' today!!

Thanks, yours is too  :luv:

Offline ElvieMogs

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
We living in hope too. Madoc wees about every 2 hours & will go outside if I take him at the right time. We've had a couple of wees indoors, mostly when I've been distracted. He's not pooing much. He didn't go for 36 hours after we got him  :o but it's been once a day since with no pattern whatsoever and all indoors. It's early days yet so let's keep up the practicing. I share your frustration of indoor wees/poos just after being out! I'm looking forward to the first time he asks to go out. I wonder when that will be?

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
We living in hope too. Madoc wees about every 2 hours & will go outside if I take him at the right time. We've had a couple of wees indoors, mostly when I've been distracted. He's not pooing much. He didn't go for 36 hours after we got him  :o but it's been once a day since with no pattern whatsoever and all indoors. It's early days yet so let's keep up the practicing. I share your frustration of indoor wees/poos just after being out! I'm looking forward to the first time he asks to go out. I wonder when that will be?
There's just no rhyme or reason! And I see him doing the sniffy thing and take him out, and the bum shuffling thing and take him out. But when outside he's just not interested! I'm glad it's not just us!

You're right, it is early days...just feels like it's been weeks!!!!  :005:

Haha, you might be waiting a loooooong time before he asks to go out! Some dogs never do, they're just so good at holding on and get into your routine and if you take them out often enough they have no reason to ask. Have seen articles on poochy bells where they train the dog to ring the bell when they need to go out! I just want him to wee and poo outside!!!!!  :lol2:

Offline karen488

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
It takes time but am sure the weather hasn't helped. We had great weather when we got Darcey which meant the door was alsways open and you're more patient to stand there, but I have to take her out on a lead if it's raining. Then she knows she's got to go before she goes in!