Author Topic: pup ate sock  (Read 6916 times)

Offline Frankie1236

Re: pup ate sock
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
Gosh, one thing I have learnt on this forum is people are pretty quick to judge someone, don't be so harsh, dogs eat all kinds of things they shouldn't, i still spend a lot of time asking scout 'what are you eating!!' and fishing things out of her mouth, socks no, but things like stones and bits of her rubber toys she's shredded,

Give the guy a break, if he wasn't that bothered about his pooch he wouldn't be posting on here asking for advice,

X

Offline maddy74

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »
I want to second what frankie1236 has said, its good k9 has taken the time to come on here and ask others advice. Its a bit unfair to judge people.

Offline k9

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 07:52:53 AM »
thank you very much for the kind replies i was starting to wish i hadnt bothered joining here and posting til i read the kind replies-as i keep sayin i have taken advice from the professionals so dont really no what else am meant to do-as keep sayin i just wanted to ask on here to see how long anybody elses dog had taken to pass sumthing-thank you again for your kind replies :-)

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 08:17:40 AM »
Ruby my 14 month old is a sock swallowing ninja, always children's socks.. We are sure careful and it hasn't happened in a while but when it's previously happened I too called my vet was told too wait and then generally 4-5 days later it appears one way or another! Vet always said after 5 days bring her in as that would be the maximum time to wait..

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
Gosh, one thing I have learnt on this forum is people are pretty quick to judge someone,

Don't worry most people on this forum are helpful, friendly and endlessly supportive, a lot have been coming here and posting for a very long time and we wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't such a nice online community  :D  There are always one or two people who are a little harsh in thier comments, sometimes because it sounds blunt when written becasue you can't tell the tone of voice and sometimes because sadly some people just like a good old argument  :huh: 

Fortunatly most of the time people are just nice to each other so don't let one or two put you off  ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »
Gosh, one thing I have learnt on this forum is people are pretty quick to judge someone,

Don't worry most people on this forum are helpful, friendly and endlessly supportive, a lot have been coming here and posting for a very long time and we wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't such a nice online community  :D  There are always one or two people who are a little harsh in thier comments, sometimes because it sounds blunt when written becasue you can't tell the tone of voice and sometimes because sadly some people just like a good old argument  :huh: 

Fortunatly most of the time people are  nice to each other ;)

Would wholeheartedly agree with this. I too have been on quite a few years and as said most peeps are kind and supportive.   :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline k9

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
thank you all again for all your help and kind words :-)

Offline Gordon

• Sleepy days
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
thank you all again for all your help and kind words :-)

any signs of the sock yet ???

Offline k9

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
nope still no sign...v strange!

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »
It looks as though it was never there in the first place! Hopefully everything is okay, a learning curve.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline k9

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
looking that way-yet i def seen it in his mouth and there was no way it came out his mouth by the time i got to him so its all v strange!

Offline Ali101

• Isla
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
I am a member of Labrador forum and it took just over 14 days for the sock to appear, in that situation and was.vomited up in the end!!!
My pup had an op at just over 10 weeks for 11 pebbles swallowed from the garden, everyone kept saying "why did you let her eat them?"
WE.DIDN'T LET HER , god bless her, so just keep watch. When our girl was in medical trouble she vomited white foam and.was obviously not well....emergency surgery.
Hope all gets sorted soon.
Ali, Pen and Isla xxx
Ali, Penny and Isla x

Offline karen488

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Come on sock! I keep reading to check. Good job our gold medals are coming through quicker  ;)

Offline k9

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »
thank you again for all replies-will let you no if it does appear :-)

Offline DunbarKev

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
k9, let me appolgise for my earlier post, in hindsight I could have used a more friendlier tone.  I am glad your pup is not showing any signs of being poolry.  I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with new members, being a new member myself.