Author Topic: pup ate sock  (Read 6913 times)

Offline k9

Re: pup ate sock
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
Bit of an old post, but did you ever see that sock again lol!
nope the sock never ever appeared!! so strange  it was never found! :-)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »
We are currently awaiting the re-appearance of a latex glove that Ozzy ate last week - same advice from the vet, keep watching for it, or for any signs of illness.  So far no latex glove and no signs of illness.  Ozzy has the digestion of an ox!  Hardly a day goes by that there isn't some type of foreign object in his poo - he eats EVERYTHING he gets hold of!!! I'm just hoping that one day he'll stop, hopefully before he does himself any real damage!!

Offline k9

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
We are currently awaiting the re-appearance of a latex glove that Ozzy ate last week - same advice from the vet, keep watching for it, or for any signs of illness.  So far no latex glove and no signs of illness.  Ozzy has the digestion of an ox!  Hardly a day goes by that there isn't some type of foreign object in his poo - he eats EVERYTHING he gets hold of!!! I'm just hoping that one day he'll stop, hopefully before he does himself any real damage!!
[/quote
wonder if its just something with spaniels as my one is the same he eats anything he can find-and the same finding whatever in poo!! hope the glove comes out soon...

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »
I was house-sitting/ dog-sitting at a friend's house years ago.  She had 3 clumber spaniels.  One of them grabbed a rubber washing up glove off the kitchen counter and promptly swallowed the thing!  Raced to vet in a panic and he gave me paraffin to administer in the hope that it would reappear.  Anyway, no sign of the glove during the rest of my week there, and Glen was fine in himself.  Friend phoned me up about 3 weeks later to announce that the glove had reappeared!  So hopefully Ozzie's latex glove is just waiting to make it's appearance once you've stopped looking for it!
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 04:34:10 PM »
I was house-sitting/ dog-sitting at a friend's house years ago.  She had 3 clumber spaniels.  One of them grabbed a rubber washing up glove off the kitchen counter and promptly swallowed the thing!  Raced to vet in a panic and he gave me paraffin to administer in the hope that it would reappear.  Anyway, no sign of the glove during the rest of my week there, and Glen was fine in himself.  Friend phoned me up about 3 weeks later to announce that the glove had reappeared!  So hopefully Ozzie's latex glove is just waiting to make it's appearance once you've stopped looking for it!

I'm assuming that no signs of illness means that he's ok - it was about a week ago - I think he may have chewed it up a bit as he was standing on it and pulling bits off while I was trying to get close enough, so hopefully it will come out bit by bit.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:39 PM »
Yes, I'd just watch him for any signs of a blockage (vomiting, etc).  But I would think no signs are a good sign. When I rushed Glen to the vet, he thought the episode was quite entertaining and wasn't overly worried. Is frustrating having to wait patiently though!
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
Yes, I'd just watch him for any signs of a blockage (vomiting, etc).  But I would think no signs are a good sign. When I rushed Glen to the vet, he thought the episode was quite entertaining and wasn't overly worried. Is frustrating having to wait patiently though!

Absolutely no sign of the glove yet!  beginning to wonder whether he really did eat it, although I did look when I finally caught up with him and there was no sign of it anywhere.  Still no ill effects though!

Offline k9

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »

Absolutely no sign of the glove yet!  beginning to wonder whether he really did eat it, although I did look when I finally caught up with him and there was no sign of it anywhere.  Still no ill effects though!

thats what i was like after my one ate the sock i started to doubt as to whether or not he had ate it but there was no doubt in my mind at all when it happened and we never ever found it-v strange!

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »

thats what i was like after my one ate the sock i started to doubt as to whether or not he had ate it but there was no doubt in my mind at all when it happened and we never ever found it-v strange!

I'm hoping that it was a biodegradable glove and it's disintegrated inside him!!!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »
unknown to us our first staffie ate a boot lace. First I knew about it is when after a poop it was dangling from his bum. Frightened me, thought is was a worm.  Imagine me, trying to stamp on it while getting him to carry on walking  so it came out.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »
unknown to us our first staffie ate a boot lace. First I knew about it is when after a poop it was dangling from his bum. Frightened me, thought is was a worm.  Imagine me, trying to stamp on it while getting him to carry on walking  so it came out.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
Our Elcie (retriever) was a b....r for eating all sorts. I have regularly removed rope toys from her bum :020: after she had eaten them.

We lost our poor girl, aged 4 years, in 2009 after she ate a lump of seaweed root and it got stuck. She had an op but the damage was done and she died 4 days later.

Please be careful what your dogs chew as THEY do not know the dangers.
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline k9

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
Our Elcie (retriever) was a b....r for eating all sorts. I have regularly removed rope toys from her bum :020: after she had eaten them.

We lost our poor girl, aged 4 years, in 2009 after she ate a lump of seaweed root and it got stuck. She had an op but the damage was done and she died 4 days later.

Please be careful what your dogs chew as THEY do not know the dangers.
oh that is so sad-sorry to hear that :-(