Author Topic: Little tiddles  (Read 300 times)

Offline Holmes

Little tiddles
« on: September 21, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »
Sherlock has made great progress with his training since those first few weeks! However he still has some way to go. He will now almost always go outside by himself as we now leave the back door open - we still follow him out each time and so are continuing with the praise and treats.

The concern I have is that despite clearly knowing he is to go outside (he does a cute little run to the door when he needs to go), if he is left on his own (even with the door open),  whilst we are in the other room having dinner for example, well he then has a little wee. Not a big full on, 'I couldn't hold it any longer' wee, but a small tiddley one.

I spoke to the vet about this and she said it was seperatation anxiety. So...The first thing I did was do a search on here, and now I,m confused about how to move forward. The reason I'm confused is because he doesn't display any of the other symptoms as far as I'm aware. He doesn't really whine when we leave him, maybe a little whimper for two minutes maximum but then he stops. He doesn't make a mess when we have to leave him for a few hours in his crate or anything like that. Ultimately he seems to be ok when we leave him alone, except for these little wees.

Am I going to have to put him in his crate every time. Leave the room, even if it's just for two minutes? If so I don't mind, but it seems a bit OTT...oh I don't know  :huh: Anyone else experience anything similar?