Author Topic: Looks different  (Read 1945 times)

Offline abkb

• Donator
Re: Looks different
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »
There definitely looks like there is worker in him, and it seems to have been confirmed by his sires lines!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
But what a lovely looking dog.

Offline Chezer

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
What is his pedigree?
Archie 4/9/2009

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 07:48:46 PM »
Ha ha ha look at Toby's tongue  :lol2:
Im not overly bothered about the coat as such, I just want to make sure that the "Breeder" I bought him off hasn't mis sold me as I have paid for a pedigree "show" cocker
he just looks different to a stereotypical show style, but i suppose there could be different kinds.

Thanks Guys  :D

I think this looks like it is going to be quite likely Yvonne  :-\ 

I'm sure there will be people on here who can advice you when you decide how you wish to deal with this - if deliberate on the breeders part, it is wrong on so many levels but you won't be the first & definitely not the last to be mis sold a show cocker pup (or sold a show cocker when wanting a worker )

Irrespective of how you procede, I'm sure this little chap is already an important part of your family & isn't going anywhere  :luv: He may not look like some of the other show type cockers on here but he will be a stunning example of worker & in some opinions, maybe a little more handsome too  :lol2: If you look in the 'worker' section you will see some lovely examples of how he may grow to look  ;)

If you do have a worker on your hands, with the right advice & training, there's no reason why this little lad doesn't become the same wonderful companion as any show type would ....and to help, you couldn't be in a better place - you'll get all the help, advice & support you would need on here  ;)

I'm sorry if this has come as a bit of a shock to you but in time, I hope you become really thankful that fate played such a rotten trick & your little lad becomes even more precious to you than you thought possible  :luv:

Lindsey x
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
He looks a bit like Smokeys Muswell. Am I right in saying he has both worker and show in him or am I getting mixed up with someone else? (apologises if I am)

I too would be annoyed if Id been told he was show to find out he had worker in him but on a plus side if he does have worker in him his coat will be easier to manage.  ;)

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
He looks a bit like Smokeys Muswell. Am I right in saying he has both worker and show in him or am I getting mixed up with someone else? (apologises if I am)

I too would be annoyed if Id been told he was show to find out he had worker in him but on a plus side if he does have worker in him his coat will be easier to manage.  ;)

I have now discovered he is show and worker!  :-\

Ha ha ha look at Toby's tongue  :lol2:
Im not overly bothered about the coat as such, I just want to make sure that the "Breeder" I bought him off hasn't mis sold me as I have paid for a pedigree "show" cocker
he just looks different to a stereotypical show style, but i suppose there could be different kinds.

Thanks Guys  :D

I think this looks like it is going to be quite likely Yvonne  :-\ 

I'm sure there will be people on here who can advice you when you decide how you wish to deal with this - if deliberate on the breeders part, it is wrong on so many levels but you won't be the first & definitely not the last to be mis sold a show cocker pup (or sold a show cocker when wanting a worker )

Irrespective of how you procede, I'm sure this little chap is already an important part of your family & isn't going anywhere  :luv: He may not look like some of the other show type cockers on here but he will be a stunning example of worker & in some opinions, maybe a little more handsome too  :lol2: If you look in the 'worker' section you will see some lovely examples of how he may grow to look  ;)

If you do have a worker on your hands, with the right advice & training, there's no reason why this little lad doesn't become the same wonderful companion as any show type would ....and to help, you couldn't be in a better place - you'll get all the help, advice & support you would need on here  ;)

I'm sorry if this has come as a bit of a shock to you but in time, I hope you become really thankful that fate played such a rotten trick & your little lad becomes even more precious to you than you thought possible  :luv:

Lindsey x

he's not going anywhere Hunny, he's my baby...... Just feel so stupid!

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
He is a beautiful young lad  :luv: :luv:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »

can understand that Yvonne but don't feel stupid hun, feel proud ...he's a little cracker  ;) :luv:  (feel free to be angry at those eejit breeders though - very naughty! >:D )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

can understand that Yvonne but don't feel stupid hun, feel proud ...he's a little cracker  ;) :luv:  (feel free to be angry at those eejit breeders though - very naughty! >:D )
Be angry with them, but you have an adorable puppy! Keep us posted on what you decide to say to them.

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
We keep typing emails..... then deleting.......the typing! lol
He could just deny everything, which would annoy me more  >:D

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
It might be worth posting something on the "looking for a puppy" section warning people about the "Kennel Registration" and make sure they go for Kennel Club...

Offline YvonneC22

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
So im presuming this "Kennel Registration"  is worth nothing?!!

I could cry
 :'(

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
Oh I really feel for you  :'( sending :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Buying a puppy is a mine field and there but for the grace of God go many of us  >:( 
Your puppy is gorgeous  BTW  :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
So im presuming this "Kennel Registration"  is worth nothing?!!

I could cry
 :'(

Yvonne

He is an English cocker spaniel, he has a pedigree, you have the KC paperwork - right?  So all you need to do is sign and return the registration document to transfer ownership from the breeder to yourself, exactly as you would if you had a 100% show type.

He is an absolutely stunning little boy!   :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
What a shame you have been mislead  >:( >:(

He is adorable though  :luv: :luv:

Millie is half worker and half show, I got her at 18 months when her owners couldn't cope and they didn't know that was her breeding. I had my suspicions when I had her huge, thick and sadly totally matted coat clipped off and thought she looked leaner and more athletic than a show. It was then confirmed when they posted on her KC papers! But if I let her coat grow (it is very profuse!) then I don't think most cocker owners would see any difference, she has the prettiest little face  :luv: :luv: (well I think so!)

This was her the day I brought her home: http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/sarahhollister/DSCF5126.jpg

and with a slightly more manageable hair cut!: http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/sarahhollister/NewImage.jpg

Millie