Author Topic: The snip - tomorrow!!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
Re: The snip - tomorrow!!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

The anaesthetic is probably making feel out of sorts.  Have you tried giving sips if water from a spoon, just to keep him hydrated.  Hope he feels better soon.

Erica.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Willow refused water and to wee too. I cant remember whether she weed at all the first night, if she did it was late on as I remember posting on here worried too. Willow came home with liquid medication and a syringe so I used the syringe to get some water into her mouth. She also came home with some special wet food which she wolfed down so I added some water to a bit of that so at least she was getting fluids.

Hope he is back to normal tmw.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline primmer

• Murphy - working cocker spaniel
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
How's rolo feeling today, has he had any water yet? Murphy didn't drink after his op either, in the end I put a splash of milk in his water and he drank a little and then gradually started drinking more the afternoon after he came home. Sending hugs to Rolo from Murphy  :luv:
Rachel and Muphy x

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
He's ok. He despises his cone, i feel so awful having to put it on him! He's very clingy as well, he wants to get as close to me as he can.

The problem is i'm a dog walker/pet sitter so I was out this morning for a couple of hours and I have to go out again this afternoon to see a client so I have to put him in his cage with his cone on and he is not happy!

He had a long drink this morning which was good so not worrying about that anymore.

We have a check up with the nurse tomorrow afternoon.

My poor little boy!
Caz :)

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »
Whilst in the pub on Sunday a medium sized, but obviously young Poodle came in wearing, what I can only describe as a 'babygrow' when I asked, the owner said 'she'd just been neutered and it was for her stiches' not sure if she'd had a cone on and the owner replaced it, but it looked a good idea and gave the dog a lot more freedom.

Has anyone else come across or even heard this?

The dog looked so cute (for a poodle mind) as well  :005:

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
theres a pic on the health thread that i started about baby grows. Jethro is alternating between cone & a fetching zebra print baby grow i got him other day ready (gave my friends baby the other 1 out the pack). Wont be walking him with it on mind  :005: :005:.

Glad rolo is drinking, hope he's feeling a bit brighter today.
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
My puppy has turned into a very clingy little baby - help!!

Ive been taking his cone off when im here and he knows i will shout at him if he licks his wound so he has just been skulking around all day with his tail between his legs, its obviously really bothering him.

He literally wont leave me alone either, has to be on top of my lap or sometimes my head at all times!! I am typing this with one hand as he is practically sat on my laptop! Its so strange as although he is normally cuddly when he is tired, he is never like this!!

Anyone else had the same thing?

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »
im afraid not i cant stop this one bouncing around. stopping him jumping up is a nightmare. Im sure he will be back to normal soon, it must be sore for them.
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
My puppy has turned into a very clingy little baby - help!!

Ive been taking his cone off when im here and he knows i will shout at him if he licks his wound so he has just been skulking around all day with his tail between his legs, its obviously really bothering him.

He literally wont leave me alone either, has to be on top of my lap or sometimes my head at all times!! I am typing this with one hand as he is practically sat on my laptop! Its so strange as although he is normally cuddly when he is tired, he is never like this!!

Anyone else had the same thing?

Ozzy has turned a bit needy since his eye op, although not all the time - he has always been a bit of a mummy's boy, but is even more so now.  We need to get him spending more time with OH on his own!  Have you tried putting him in a back to front babygrow, would he tolerate wearing one, do you think?  Then you may not have to use the collar after all.

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »
Actually he is being very good and not really bothering with his scar so he has only been wearing the cone at night or when i pop out.

He is like a normal dog when i take him out but when we are at home he doesnt want to play, all he does is cuddle and sleep. I think he is missing his long off lead walks!