Author Topic: Worried!  (Read 1900 times)

Offline loupylou

• Site Member
Worried!
« on: April 12, 2005, 12:40:35 PM »
I took cassie this morning for her injections( 9 weeks) and now a few hours have gone past she is very quiet and i noticed there was a bit of blood in her poo... does anyone know what this might be? i have rang the vet and am just waiting for him to return the call as he wasnt available.
After all the traumour with Holly i cant deal with it if anything was wrong with the little one.. i`m praying that it is nothing serious, i`ll let you know the outcome..

A worried Lou.

Offline PennyB

Worried!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:45:23 PM »
It is worrying, but I also know that some dogs do react a little after their vax (I know my cat does sometimes and my vet says to ring just to make sure everything is OK).

Hope Cassie is OK
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Worried!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:49:17 PM »
Hi Lou

We had this Bailey.  He was really quiet and subdued after his vax.  I telephoned the vet and was told to keep an eye on him but some puppies reacted like this and not to worry.

Im sure your vet will put your mind at rest.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline josiek

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:25:20 PM »
We had the same thing with our pup, Bailey.  The vet said that it was pretty normal and I was reassured by a lot of posts on here, too, that said the same thing.  He ended up having a bit of diarrhoea for a day or 2, but was fine after that.  I'd check with your vet, though, as well if she seems 'out of sorts' - eg off her food or acting strangely.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »
I hope poor Cassie is OK. Our Pepsi had hers yesterday (she's 9 weeks today) and she was fine.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 02:15:08 PM »
Buddy went very quiet after his first vacc too, which was given late afternoon. I hardly slept a wink, worrying that we'd killed him.

He was back to normal next morning, and had no reaction to his second vacc.

Didn't notice any blood in his poo though. Do keep an eye on that.

Offline Whistler

• Site Member
    • http://m4hood.myphotoalbum.com
Worried!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »
Ollie wasn't himself at all after his first injection and the vet had said he would be very sleepy....gets his second injection tonight so hopefully he will be fine.

Offline Sprout's

• Site Member
    • http://
Worried!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 02:35:45 PM »
I hope Cassie is feeling better soon.

I know its a scary time when they have their injections. Titus was very sleepy after his first injections but fine with the second.

The vet warned me he might be sleepy but didn't say anything about any bleeding. I think I would probably phone the vet just for reassurance.

Jane

Offline PennyB

Worried!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »
Ollie wasn't himself at all after his first injection and the vet had said he would be very sleepy....gets his second injection tonight so hopefully he will be fine.
[snapback]115884[/snapback]

Wilf even slept right through the 1st exam and actual injection so there was no difference in his case LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 04:26:46 PM »
Aw sorry you are worried Lou - hope the vet can put your mind at rest, its probably related to the vax......let us know what they say,

Luv and hugs for Cassie xxxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 09:48:48 PM »
:( HOPE CASSIE IS FEELING BETTER SOON :)
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline Scotty

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 08:33:57 AM »
I took cassie this morning for her injections( 9 weeks) and now a few hours have gone past she is very quiet and i noticed there was a bit of blood in her poo... does anyone know what this might be? i have rang the vet and am just waiting for him to return the call as he wasnt available.
After all the traumour with Holly i cant deal with it if anything was wrong with the little one.. i`m praying that it is nothing serious, i`ll let you know the outcome..

A worried Lou.
[snapback]115833[/snapback]

Lou,

I was just logging on to post a very similar thing when I read your post.

Paddy was ten weeks on Monday.  We only brought him home Wednesday evening, and had a great first night with him.  I was with him all day yesterday but he still seems reasonably independent, and quite confident.

A puppy trainer friend of mine warned that after his jabs, 6pm yesterday, he might be lethargic and not to worry.  I asked the vet about it and he said puppies do react often, and often in different ways.  With him being so new it is hard to see what is normal but he was really clingy and whiny last night, off his food, and getting him to sleep was v hard - hearing him whining, barking etc in his crate downstairs for about 90 mins just breaks my heart, but I know we'll stick to our guns.    :(    This morning at 7 he was sound asleep and seemed absolutely fine, although he had been sick in one corner of his crate on the paper.

He's just had about 1.5 weetabix and skimmed milk and otherwise seems ok - still slightly whimpery but has just gone to sleep in his basket behind me here in my office.

I worry like hell about the little lad and although his poos look normal, I wonder how long he might take to get over the vax?    :unsure:  Just not sure if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong or whether he just feels a bit crappy, like humans sometimes do after a flu jab or something and you just want your own bed and a bit of love.

Would really welcome any words of wisdom from you experienced folk!  
 :(

Karen
[size=8]Karen and Paddy[/size]

Offline ReadingSteve

• Site Member
    • Buddy
Worried!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »
Hey Karen,

I'm sure I've read somewhere that dogs should not be given cows milk.... I'm guessing that's what you mean by skimmed? Can't remember all the reasons behind this though - I'm sure someone more wise will be along behind me soon!
Live Long and Prosper!

Offline Scotty

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »

A worried Lou.
[snapback]115833[/snapback]

Lou,

How is Cassie this morning?  I was anxious and so called the breeder for a chat this morning and she said yes, there can be all sorts of reactions to the vax.  My Paddy is a bit more like himself this morning but the breeder reminded me that they are still babies and any jab in their little bodies will have an effect and make them feel a bit poorly.    Maybe a chat with the breeder as well as your vet might help to put your mind at rest?  

Karen  :(
[size=8]Karen and Paddy[/size]

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Worried!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »
I hope poor Cassie is OK. Our Pepsi had hers yesterday (she's 9 weeks today) and she was fine.
[snapback]115878[/snapback]

I take back everything I said, Pepsi had her second injection tonight. The thinks he hit anerve because she really yelled. She's been wimpering on and off since and is very sleepy which is unusual. It's horrible  :(  I was so glad when the kids had had all their vaccines now I am just as bad with Pepsi  :unsure: