Author Topic: How do you know if a puppy will be a roan?  (Read 10625 times)

Offline Davyboy16

• Jasper 2002-2011, miss ya mate.
Re: How do you know if a puppy will be a roan?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who replied to my post. It seems that my thoughts were correct and black/dark pads indicate a roan. Something new learnt about this wonderful breed  :D

Thanks again and I'm sure there will be plenty more questions as the search for our new family member continues.

Craig.

Offline Davyboy16

• Jasper 2002-2011, miss ya mate.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
Hi, this was Jinley at 4 weeks (I think) she had black nose and black feet, which is how the breeder knew she would be a roan.

At 6 months

When not caked in mud or fox poo now she looks like this, but is constantly changing colour and markings

Pat x

Hi Pat, thank you for your reply. Can I just say that Jinley is stunning if our puppy is anywhere near as lovely I will be happy :004:. I'm not sure what the rules are on here but can you tell me the breeder you got Jinley from? :003:

Thanks

Craig.

Offline CherryT

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
When we got Molly the breeder wasn't sure if she was an orange and white or an orange roan.  at 5 weeks she had a very white back with 2 orange patches and some orangey bits on her face.  When we collected her at 9 weeks, she had several orange patches on her back and some freckles roaning through her back and on her feet. It was definite then that she was going to be an orange roan, but I have to say that it was really difficult to see when she was younger.

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who replied to my post. It seems that my thoughts were correct and black/dark pads indicate a roan. Something new learnt about this wonderful breed  :D

My orange and white boy has black pads with a couple of small pink patches at the base of a couple of his pads, so you may have to look closely  ;)