Author Topic: Hypoallergenic kibble  (Read 1032 times)

Offline pinkmarshmallow

• Benji and Snoopy!
Hypoallergenic kibble
« on: January 15, 2024, 03:18:45 PM »
Hi.  Not posted for ages.  This is about Snoopy my 6 & a half year old show cocker.  Noticed recently that his weight is going down 9.3kg (he’s a small cocker anyway and cant afford to lose any when he’s 10kg!)   If I try to feed him more then his poos go runny.  The vet has suggested to try either Hypoallergenic - Hills, Royal Canin or Purina.  Does anyone have any helpful thoughts on which one to give a go?  He’s currently on Pooch & Mutt Calming (hypoallergenic).  Thanks.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Hypoallergenic kibble
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 03:51:59 PM »
Have you thought of adding a probiotic powder.  There are quiet a few out there.  I used Yudigest for my old cocker and had problems with Harry when he changed to adult food and tried Buddy and Lola Super Tummy daily, which really helped.

Maybe look at Pooch and Mut Health and Digestion with is Hypoallergenic.  The main thing is really slowly moving them over to a different type food.  There are so many hypo ones now.  Not mentioning names but Harrys downfall was a brand I bought in Sainsbury, ticked all the boxes but was many weeks to get back on track.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed