Author Topic: KC name  (Read 1639 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
KC name
« on: March 19, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »
Just had word from our puppy's breeder! Her KC name is 'MISS HONEY BUNCH' so we have decided to call her Honey! :luv: The breeder said the puppies have been weaned on Eukanuba - is this a good food to keep her on when we get her home? Thanks

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/PeterC_2006/katepup035.jpg

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline sallyb

• Site Member
Re: KC name
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »
She is sooo lovely - what a good name for her

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:01:47 PM »
Oh she is beautiful love her name  :luv: :luv: Sorry not much help re food but I'm sure someone will be able to offer advice  :D
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »
You should leave her on the food the breeder has her on changing her can cause major upset tummy.

I think Honey suits her.

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:13:08 PM »
You should leave her on the food the breeder has her on changing her can cause major upset tummy.

Oh i know to do this - i meant is it a good food to keep her on when she's older!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

Oh i know to do this - i meant is it a good food to keep her on when she's older!

One thing that puts a lot of pet owners off Eukanuba is that it is made by IAMS, which has been the target of Animals Welfare activists due to their policy regarding animals testing  :-\ (If you Google "IAMS welfare", there are lots of links, some of them pretty graphic  :'()
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:45:01 PM »
She looks adorable!  We did our naming the other way round, we named Buffy and the next time we visited, the breeder told us her registered name is Meadow Lass (she may have ended up as Lassie if we had known the other way round  :005:)
When do you collect your baby?
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »
When do you collect your baby?
We pick her up on April 7th!! Counting the days..........we can't wait!! :D

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »

Personally I'd change her food once she's settled in completely at home.  There are quite a few good quality natural dry foods that you could use.  Something like Burns, James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange to name a few.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »
Your new baby is the double of mine!! and great name choice. Ours is also Honey and we got her on the 9th of April last year! Was supposed to get her on the 7th but breeder had a show or something on!!
My son named her honey cos he said her ears were honey coloured and shes grew into the name, shes a real honey and she knows it!
I hope she brings you as much joy as our bundle of mischeif has to us!

Good luck n pls post lots of piccies when you get her home.
not overweight, just under tall

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 11:00:48 AM »
My breeder used the name I chose (Jesse) as a guide to the KC name, so Jesse ended with the KC name of Jesse James...   :D

I am afraid I changed the food that the breeder fed to the one of my choice within the first few days; within a week he was on the new food and his poos looked much better. But I understand that this is not standard advice and may not be the best thing to do in most situations.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »
She's beautiful  :luv: and her name really suits her
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline DebbieB

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »
I too have a Honey but shes not acting like a honey - more like a Minnie (the minx).

If you read my posting you will see we have been told to change our food from Bakers to Eukanuba as we are having problems with Honey - this may be causing hyperactivity.  Now after reading the previous postings on this food Im not too sure whether i want to try it due to their policies on animal testing.

Good luck with her - looking forward to seeing some piccies.