Author Topic: Funeral Tomorrow  (Read 1369 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Funeral Tomorrow
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »
Hi everyone just a quick question..........

I'm going to the funeral tomorrow of a good childhood friend who died last week aged only 25!

As some of you may know i got a puppy called Honey on Saturday and i'm going to have to leave her in her crate for a few hours while i'm at the funeral. Do you think this will be ok or not? We left her for an hour today and she had no accidents. I'm just worried that a few hours is going to be too long!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Re: Funeral Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:46:37 PM »
Sorry you have to attend a funeral.

I am sure a few hours will be fine, although I wouldn't suggest longer than 3/4 hours.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:07:17 AM »
Sorry you have to go to a funeral - always very sad when the person was young   :'( :'(

I am sure Honey will be fine for 3 or 4 hours - just make sure she has had a decent bit of exercise beforehand and leave her with some toys and maybe a stuffed kong.  Is it possible for someone to pop in and see her after a couple of hours?  If she is tired she will probably sleep most of the time.  Make sure you take her collar off before you leave her in the crate though  ;)

Hope today goes alright  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »
Hope today was not too horrendous for you - funerals are always bad, but much worse when someone is so young.
I am sure Honey will be fine - you have to leave her a lot longer overnight, and it is not as if you do it all the time?
We find if Buffy gets  upset in her crate, Josie goes up and gives her a bit of a snuffle through the bars - their cages are next to each other - so I bet Mollie will do the same for Honey. 
Have a takeaway when you get home, so you don't have to worry about cooking.
Hugs
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:07:26 PM »
so sorry to hear that you have attend the funeral of someone so young.  :'(

wear honey out with lots of playing and interaction beforehand, make sure the room she's in can't get too warm and that she's gone to the toilet just before you go, and i'd imagine she'll sleep right through until you get home. :) it's certainly what barkley has always done.
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:41:08 PM »
Honey was a total  :angel: didn't have any accidents and i think i disturbed her precious beauty sleep as she didnt really want to wake up!!!
Funeral was nice - well as nice as funerals can be - about 200 people there, we had to listen to the service from outside as there wasnt enough room in the church!
Its really scary as Tommy was exatcly the same age as me (25) - we lived in the same village, went through each school together, hung around with each other. I just cant believe he's gone  :'(

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »
Sorry to read about this Lucy it must have been a traumatic day for you, funerals are hard going but when it's someone so young it's tragic and also someone you knew so well.
But I'm glad to hear Honey was ok  ;) I think we worry too much sometimes they're very adaptable really  :D

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:52:49 AM »
Sorry to hear about that - I hope having a puppy to cuddle made it a bit easier. I would have taken her with me - Jarvis spent Easter Morning in Church and was good as gold
Robin & Emma & Jarvis