Author Topic: Biting  (Read 407 times)

Offline Dylan11

Biting
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
We have a 11week puppy he is generally good but on a few of occassions he has got hold of my girls clothing and would not let go he will growl sometimes when trying to get him to leave. How can I get him to let go?

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Biting
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
There is something just above your post about puppy biting hope this helps?x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline ksdwgroup

• Alfie Born 20th July 2011
    • Kent Spaniel Dog Walking Group
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »
Alfie is 16 weeks and has learnt to "give".  I taught him to sit, stay and go (fetch the ball) and when he returns to give.  This worked with loads of treats and really praising him and didn't take long at all... I do about 15 minutes a day.  Whenever he has anything in his mouth and I say "give" he does!  Even today I could hear something rattling in his mouth.  I said "give" a few times and out it popped, my daughters plastic plectrum, she was horrified but I was so pleased he did as he was told and spat it out  :005:

This may work for you, once they learn the basic commands like sit, stay, go, give, it makes life a bit easier.  Now all I need to do is stop the play biting!
Debbie Carpenter
Kent Spaniel Dog Walking Group
http://www.meetup.com/dog-walking-groups-spaniels

Offline black taz

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
if its any help, my collie cross was like that until about 6 months - it just seemed to stop overnight - after the kids had gone through loads of pyjama bottoms :005: