Author Topic: Bringing our new puppy home - in what?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
Re: Bringing our new puppy home - in what?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »
We travelled 200miles with Alfie aged 7wks, 3 years ago with no stops and he was absolutely fine. We had a small soft bed with towelling in it, placed on the back seat between my daughter and I and he slept virtually the whole way - 4+hrs from S Scotland to the Highlands, except when we stopped en route for a takeaway in the car when he was interested in the food smells! (see below)

Alfie  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:24:18 AM »
Had a small plastic covered crate/carrier with some newspaper and vet bed to bring smudge home in - on the back seat, with an option to put him in passenger foot space if necessary. He was a good boy and slept all the way home (about 3-4 hours). Took a friend with me in case, but he was fine.

Crikey was that nearly six years ago :o ...and he is still a good boy :luv:

Good luck with your new pup, hope you have years of fun with him/her
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:58:54 AM »
From experience I'd rule out a cardboard box.
With Molly it was a warm lap, an incontinence pad with towel on top, she curled up and went to sleep.
I like the idea of the bed on the back seat though, I never thought of that.

Offline Honormum

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
Thanks for all your fantastic ideas and advice.

We've got plastic stacking recycling boxes - the ones that are lower at the front than the sides and back, which look perfect with a puppy pad and plenty of towels. Great idea to line the boot with newspaper, too - might save a fraught time on the hard shoulder!

From the sounds of it, we might be lucky and find he sleeps all the way home. :D :D :D

I'll let you know how it goes - fingers crossed, he'll ne co ing home in a couple of weeks. :luv:

Offline Amus1

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 11:00:46 AM »
We had a cardboard box, towels and paper for spike 9years ago, and an 8 hour drive home!  ph34r  :005: he was very good, he just sat on my knee the whole way - ignored the box! Lol

With Flynn, now 15weeks old, we had a cardboard box, blanket and chew toy. Only a 2 hour drive though. No sick of wee's!

Bet you are excited now! I definitely was before we went to collect Flynn!!