Author Topic: Couple of questions...  (Read 359 times)

Offline Millie12

Couple of questions...
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »
this probably sounds silly to you but what is a top knot? is it the fur on the top of the dogs head? Millie is my first doggy you see so i'm still learning  :005: She is 13 and a half weeks old, when do you get their claws trimmed? and when do you think i should be on look out for her little peggys falling out  :005: thanks in advance guys x

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Couple of questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »
The top knot is the tuft of hair that grows on their heads, some have their top knots cut off and a flatter looking shorter hair on the head.
Some prefer to keep the hair a bit longer on the heads (I prefer it)
You will find that as you go out more walks then the claws will actually start to wear down a bit.
You could get them trimmed though either yourself, groomer , vet or pets at home cut them .
Its probably a little bit early for the teeth to fall out at 13 weeks, possibly in the next couple of weeks.

Riley lost all his teeth between about 16-21 weeks , they were all replaced with big adult teeth in such a short time span.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
You can see Jem's top knot in this pic. I'm a top knot fan ;)
I don't think it is the proper name for it, just a nickname!

Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Millie12

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
Thanks very much jane  :D i dont think her claws are too long at the min but can definatley feel them more as she is jumping up. love this forum offers so much advice thanks guys x
modified to say, jem is lovely x