Author Topic: Anyone else have "munchaussens by puppy!!?"  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Enzos Mum

• Enzo
Anyone else have "munchaussens by puppy!!?"
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Reading some of the posts on here I get the feeling I'm maybe not alone in this!
I'm so neurotic about Enzo at times - I only have to ring the vets and give my first name and the vets just say "what's going on with Enzo now?"'  :005:
He's had horrendous colitis for the first 5 months, a swollen snout from a bite or sting, a number of minor ailments, a bad virus (which was suspected pancreatitis at first) that saw him really poorly for 2 days, and this week, just after I'd stopped stressing about his castration wounds from 2 weeks ago, managed to steal and consume a large amount of a green plastic toy in daycare, resulting in the vets on standby and me obsessing over his 'movements' all weekend!  >:(
That's without the 'whoops' vets visits - a spot  :-\  just slightly grubby lip folds easily sorted with hibiscrub, 'maybe' the start of ear / eye infections....! Fortunately my vets are very understanding and patient!! (and actually haven't charged for some visits just saying they are happy to reassure me!!)
I really hope that when hes a bit older (he's just turning 10 months), I can relax a bit more!!
Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying and making the most of puppyhood but wow he's grabbed my heart so much I'm just maybe a bit too anxious about his health! It's maybe because there's only me and him so I notice every little thing that doesn't seem right?!  Please tell me I'm not alone  :luv: or that these cockers are tougher than they make out!!!

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: Anyone else have "munchaussens by puppy!!?"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
Your not on your own ;) my biggest hang up is had he had a poo today and what did it look like,my OH thinks I am bonkers, if he's quite I think theres something wrong with him and he he is going mad I think there is something wrong, but saying this I was just as bad when my children were small ;)

Offline Enzos Mum

• Enzo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »
Phew good to know I'm not the only one who inspects puppy poo every day  :005:
Enzo looks at me I'm mad!

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:04:13 AM »

I actually look forward to poo inspection and when it's a good solid lump ( sorry no other way to describe it) I feel EPIC, just like the advert

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:30 AM »
Hahaaaa I'm so glad im not the only one on poo patrol..... When any of my 3 cockers has a poo and it's hard and the right colour I practically skip to the bin with my poo bag!!!.. :005:

I've also been known to call OH out to the garden to look at a poo, he thought something was really wrong, rushed out, to which I exclaimed. "wow, look at that lovely hard poo, clearly the new raw food suits her belly, but which dogs poo do you think it is?? "... He just stood there in his pants staring at me as if I was mad!  :dunno:

Offline jen1876

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »
I do!! Not as bad now he's a bit older but I was terrible when Jasper first arrived. He had a poorly tummy when he was about 12 weeks old and my hubby was horrified when I produced a photo of the offending poo to show the vet  ph34r
Now whenever I phone the vets and give our surname (which I always spell as it's an unusual spelling) they always stop me mid spell and say "oh yes, we all know Jasper".

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26:10 AM »
from the threads I see on the puppy and health board you're definitely not alone  :lol: :shades:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
 :luv: :luv: :005:
Even included a poem on poo in my book.  Guess we learn a lot about our dogs health by inspecting the poos, hey?

You are not alone with your worries though.  It is just part and parcel of loving and caring for your best little mate. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Chillis

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
I'm so like this!!!!! Glad not alone  :005: standing in the garden 'good poo today OHHH look at that- good girl!!'
I think the vets ate sick of us  :005:

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
Are cocker owners the only people who really suffer when it's a "Bad poo day" >:( but strut around quite elated when it's "Good poo". :shades: :005:?

The whole tone of the day seems to be set by the liquidity, or otherwise, of our pet's natural functions. :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »

I still inspect William's poo every day and he's 8 years old :lol2:. When I walk William and Louis with my friend Maria and her Golden Retriever Ruby, poo inspecting and discussing what's appeared is one of our main topics of conversation :lol2: :lol2:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
another pair of pooh inspectors here and then we hold  a inquest after the event

thinking of putting this "skill" ( or is it a hobby/ interest) down on my CV  :005: :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----