Author Topic: Bowls for the Pup?  (Read 371 times)

Offline nickrachel

Bowls for the Pup?
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »
We still need to get bowls for our new edition, what do you recommend? What size? Do we need a stand for them? And should we put his water bowl in his crate?

We also bought a Kong at the weekend. What do you put in it? We've bought some puppy treats for help with training. Any other toys recommended?

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: Bowls for the Pup?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
There are some really nice bowls on the chow Bella bowl website, I would guest the o es that go narrow at the top so there ears don't get into there food.

The kong will take lots of things, and in summer you can freeze them, I used cream cheese or yoghurt.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
If you do a google search for spaniel bowls you'll see the shape that mlynnf50 has mentioned. I have ceramic Mason Cash spaniel bowls for my two and a stainless steel one too. I think ceramic or stainless steel are the best materials because they wash well, so they're hygienic, and they're robust. But they'll be far bigger than Burt needs when he's very young so I'd suggest a small stainless steel or ceramic bowl to start with.

Be careful what you put in a Kong while Burt is young in case he ends up with an upset tummy. I use things like treats, chopped cocktail sausages, peanut butter, mashed banana, cottage cheese and cream cheese for my adult dogs (not all at the same time :005:) but you need to be a lot more careful when they're puppies. I can't remember what I used then, but I'm sure somebody who has a puppy now will see this and reply.

Offline redgill

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
i just used small stainless bowls when i first got ella she now has 2 spaniel bowls but too be honest she does not seem to keen on them and as i only feed kibble i think no need really for the spaniel bowl as her ears cannot get dirty with dry food just my opinion and her kong was always filled with her daily kibble and maybe 3 or 4 treats then capped off with banana even now i still use banana but put a bit of cheese in first just to make it that bit harder for her to get into