Author Topic: What chews/toys do you recommend??  (Read 40 times)

Offline Katrina

What chews/toys do you recommend??
« on: Today at 06:50:48 AM »
Hi all

Oscar is getting a little bored with the array of toys we have. I do try to rotate them, but think something new would be good.

What are your favourite chews and/or brain puzzles for puppies?

He's 18 weeks now.

Thanks!

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: What chews/toys do you recommend??
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:10:53 AM »
My puppy has an assortment of toys.  Maisie (14 weeks) loves her squeaky hedgehog.  She has a teething ring which she is very aggressive with .The noises that come from her as she attacks it   :o  She has a tugger which she enjoys playing with too.  She has several kongs, the classic one and also a stuff a ball.  To help with her teeth she has an antler and a yak.  I also stuff the kongs and freeze them to give her variety.  With all these toys she still prefers my slippers though  :005:  and if anything drops on the floor that is always so much more interesting than her toys.  There is a plastic plant pot outside that she stole from the shed and that is another favourite toy for her.  I think it is the fact that she found it herself and knows she shouldn’t have it  :005:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:06:31 AM »
Hi Katrina!

My girl loves her nylabones - I got a 3 pack for different ages/stages and the nobbly one is her favourite to chew on. She also likes her Kong, which I stuff with kibble and peamutt butter (see what they did there!) from Pets at Home and that settles her down nicely in the evening. I find yak chews wind her up a bit, but she will chew them for ages. I haven't introduced brain puzzles yet, but am interested to see what people recommend here too :D

I did try to put kibble under small plastic cones for her to 'find it' in the living room, but the cones were a lot more exciting than the kibble!! The only thing I could trade the cone she was running around the house with like a nutter for was some grated cheese, so I've now  accidentally created an extra high value item. But at least I now know her one weakness is cheese - like puppy like owner :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:44:50 PM »
I too think the kong a good idea, filling it with things that take their time to dislodge.

Although my boy has long outgrown it.  All pets shops sell them

https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/kong-classic/productinfo/KONG/SMALL?channable=40805469640034323732ab&gclid=CjwKCAjwzaSLBhBJEiwAJSRoksNC5mFs2vo4wsnKNjQcTvT14ScqJEGv6wCypnIA47oIfQn-PpTHahoCFxgQAvD_BwE
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darling Jaypup