Author Topic: Accidents  (Read 1902 times)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Accidents
« on: September 17, 2023, 12:04:33 PM »
Just go my new renewal for Maisie and Ned.  It had gone up considerably.
I then did a new quote by same company and a lot cheaper and started doing comparisons between other companies.
I started my quotes innocently  stating they had no pre existing conditions to declare and all the quotes came out considerably cheaper than my renewal quote.
THEN I looked a little closer at the pre existing clause and it doesn’t just mean on going health problems/conditions but accidents too  >:D.

pre existing conditions could mean any illness or accident that your pet has been diagnosed with or received treatment for in the past, even if they have made a full recovery. 

I was really surprised at this as my dogs haven’t needed to go to the vets for health problems but Ned did cut his paw badly as it went into the webbing so he needed to have stitches.  Now I find that this comes under the pre existing conditions clause and if I had taken out a policy saying he didn’t have any it could be seen as fraud.  I am just amazed and quite angry really as accidents do happen.  I also read that if you ask your vet’s advise about something it is noted on your records even if there is no treatment or follow up and could count against you.
I am now left with the option of having to continue with the same company or go for another one that will also be more expensive now as Ned has had an accident  “a pre existing condition”  (even though completely healed) or not having insurance.
Perhaps it is my fault for being naive in thinking accidents didn’t count as a pre existing condition.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Accidents
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 03:51:36 PM »
Seems to me the pet (and other) insurance companies have you by the short and curlies whatever you do.  They are only in the business for 1 thing and that is to make as much money as possible with as little financial responsibility possible on their part.  >:D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.