Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1251 times)

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
Introducing myself
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
Dear all,

As you all probably guessed my name is Julie  :P and we will soon welcome our very first English cocker.
I'm very VERY excited about it since I've been waiting for this moment for many years...

A few things about me: I'm French and I now live in central France (in Auvergne for those who know France a bit). I spent quite a few years in New York city.
There, we couldn't have a dog, unfortunately, as pets were not allowed in our building.

Now that we are back in France and ready to pull the trigger, we decided to go for an English cocker.
I fell in love with the breed a few years ago. I already met with a wonderful Normandy breeder.

Our little female should show up in our home early January!
Here in France, the regulation asks for pure breed dogs to be named according to the LOF, that is in the alphabetical order. Each year calls for a letter.
2012 is the letter H

We decided to name her Hyou-you (weird spelling, I know, but remember that the H is silent in French so it'll be pronounced YOU YOU)

Voilà!
Now I'm ready to read all about these wonderful dogs on the forum!

Cheers for now,
 Julie

You-You and Julie are from France! Spelling or grammar mistakes may, of course, be due to fat paw syndrome ;-)

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »
Bonjour Julie et bienvenue!

I am also called Julie. I have Jem, a cocker and Ruby, a cross springer/retriever :)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
Merci Julie, Jem and Ruby!
 ;)

You-You and Julie are from France! Spelling or grammar mistakes may, of course, be due to fat paw syndrome ;-)

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
Hi and welcome, Julie  :blink:

I'm loving the sound of your chosen name, You You - throw in a french accent, and, wow, supear (spoken in traditional 'allo 'allo dialect)  ;)

We regularly holiday in Olonzac (near Carcasonne) as OH's daughter's partner as holiday home there. Quite some distance from you though. We haven't as yet brought Theis though, he'll possibly have his first visit next spring or late summer :-)

Welcome to COL and enjoy  :D

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
Hey Cassie01!

Thanks for your kinds words  ;)
I'm glad you like the name we picked!

My husband is actually American (I know I'm on a British forum, don't hit me!! :lol2:) and I love the way he pronounces it.
And it's the only name we actually agreed on ;-)

We had thought of Hona but Youyou sounded way more fun.
And God knows English Cocker Spaniels are fun dogs!

PS: Carcassone is not that far, actually. I'd say it's a four and a half hour drive. (I'm actually in Clermont-Ferrand, the home town of Michelin tires!)

Offline Toffo

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
Bonjour from Toffo and his mum Karen :)  I bet you are counting down the days until January
Toffo and Karen

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »
Welcome Julie,
I am Wendy from North Yorkshire and I am owned by Lottie 3 yrs and Lola 1yr  :luv:

I look forward to seeing photographs of your new pup!

We travelled to France for a holiday in 2010 with Lottie and had a great time  :D

Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:49:33 PM »
Thanks a bunch Wendy!
I'm glad you had a fun trip with your dog in France (sometimes it's not that easy to find a dog-friendly place to vacation)

I'll make sure I'll post pictures as soon as our little You-you is home!
 :luv:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »
Bonjour et bienvenue! Je m'appelle Diana et je suis maman de Rory. I'm afraid that's about the limit of my French! Welcome to COL a very addictive site. Love the sound of your dog, especially the name. My Rory is a six months old boy, white and black and I just became his mum yesterday. :cool4:

PS I was in New York last year and loved it. I have been to France a few times: Normandy and Paris ~ beautiful

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
Thanks fpr your kind message, Diana!
Et bravo pour ton français! :D

Our little Hyou-you was born last week and I can't wait to meet her in January!!

Do you mean you just adopted your little Rory?
That's great and sounds exciting!

Cheers for now,

Julie
PS: I can already tell the forum is addictive!!! Oh my!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
Thank you for your kind words about my French. It's scary how quickly you forget a language.

Rory was kept by his breeder to show but that didn't quite work out so, very reluctantly, she is selling him and I was the lucky person who got him. He is FABULOUS and I'm really looking forward to him becoming part of my family.  Diana :dance04:

Offline JulieNYC

• Bonjour!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »
Dear DeeDee,

I'm sorry it took me that long to get back to you.
Times fliiiiiies!!!

It looks like your Rory got lucky meeting you and I'm very happy your guys found each other!
The breeders' loss, your gain!

A few news about our puppy: we're getting our YouYou on January 3rd and I'm very excited!
I'll make sure I post pictures
 ;)