Author Topic: Acana Chicken & Burbank Potato  (Read 514 times)

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
Acana Chicken & Burbank Potato
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
Does anyone feed this to their dogs?

I'm just coming to the end of my current packet of Barking Heads Puppy Days, and as Henry has just been castrated the vet suggested moving him onto adult food. I decided on Acana after reading a lot of reviews on here and elsewhere. I've just ordered a couple of samples of the Chicken & Burbank Potato one, but realised that this isn't one of their grain-free ones (I ordered it as it's the only normal adult food that they have an offer on for 2 for 1 and free postage - £3 instead of about £12 if I try the others!).

I've probably chosen about the worst time to change foods, as Christmas posting means that nothing will come quickly (I may well run out and have to buy an emergency BH PD at my local vet to tie me over).

Would be great to get any feedback from people who use this food. Or if they particularly recommend one of the others (eg. Pacifica).
Henry's done fine on BH, but just feel that Acana sounds better (and I'm a bit scared of Orijen - partly because of the high protein and partly as I can only seem to find it in 13kg packs!).

Offline panda66

• Donator
Re: Acana Chicken & Burbank Potato
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
Lila has Acana Pacifica which I think is very good, we have also had the lamb and apple which is not as good as the grain free and she wouldn't eat it without alot of persuasion.  ;)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Acana Chicken & Burbank Potato
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »
Our two love Orijen.

Zooplus have the smaller sizes of Orijen in stock at a reasonable price as well as Acana. They usually deliver, free for orders over £19, within two or three days if you choose the Parcel Force delivery option for 50p extra. (Otherwise they use Yodel).

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/orijen

Bob.