Author Topic: 2nd fear stage, possibly?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Lovely

2nd fear stage possibly?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:50 AM »
Re tripe sticks the waitrose ones (sounds posh but actually not expensive) don't seem to smell bad as others and my dogs love them, and not filled with additives. They break up easily as well to make small treats.
Ali

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: 2nd fear stage, possibly?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »
This is what I do, it takes 5 mins.

Mix a tin of tuna in oil with one egg, stir some flour in until the mixture is fairly stiff. Press it onto a plate to about 1 cm thick. Microwave on full for 4 mins. Cool then cut up (I use scissors).

Done!

Guess who loves tuna bread! Great idea and I wish I had thought of it sooner :doh:

Yesterday was largely a good day minus Liesl being grabbed and dangled in the mouth of a Staffy!! Although she squealed loudly and ran for her life when dropped, no damage/puncture wounds occured - this was due to her harness which, mercifully, the dog had seized on to. There was another dog owner nearby and she came over to assist us. After I had checked Liesl over she jumped off my lap and started engaging with the owners Lab. Thankfully she does not/did not seem affected by the incident - it also helped that she had a play session with another 6 month old pup in the same park 10 mins later and then we were shortly joined by Sophie & Henry  :luv:

you could try liver cake or peanut butter biscuits - very easy to make at home and my 3 go mad for both of them. Even hazel who was never very treat orientated.

I hope she re-settles down soon.  I'm not sure if Hazel has been through this period yet or not.  She's definitely got some weird habits recently - skulking around the dining room table and peering out at you when you talk to her sometimes  :huh: is just one of them!

Thanks for this, Kelly :-) they do have some quirks, don't they  :005:

I'll search the forum to see if the recipe for peanut butter biscuits already exists - if not, may I ask that you pop the details of 'how to' on?

Re tripe sticks the waitrose ones (sounds posh but actually not expensive) don't seem to smell bad as others and my dogs love them, and not filled with additives. They break up easily as well to make small treats.

Thank you, Lovely :-)

I have seen those Waitrose Brand Tripe sticks, but as yet never bought any. Will do this W/E though :-)

Liesl happily engaged with Sophie and a couple of other dog owners yesterday. Also, on another very positive note, we went to book a session at a local groomers today. I was heavily armed with my Tuna Bread and did supply liberally, but Liesl happily entered shop and sat and was petted in the laps of two women, both complete strangers to her. There was a guy there but Liesl didn't seem happy with his approach but they are so very dog savvy in the shop that he immediately engaged in other stuff and let the ladies get on with it.

On the whole more good than bad for the past two days and I don't feel quite so anxious about her 'withdrawls' today. Still a work in progress, but I feel much more optimistic somehow.

Sorry that's another long post (no need for replies) and many many thanks to all who assisted.

(((You're a great bunch)))  :luv:  :lol:

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »
The tuna bread makes your kitchen stink though, eh! I forgot to mention that  :005:

Glad to hear Liesl is doing well. I was worried when I first took Jem to the groomers (more about whether she'd behave!) but she was fine and she loved it, and they loved her! She is going back tomorrow for a good old de-fuzz as she resembles a baby woolly mammoth right now ;)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »
I know you said 'no need for replies' Cassie but just wanted to say you sound happier/positive with Leisl  :luv:
Sorry to hear about the staffy incident though, thank goodness she had the harness on  :shades: 
Keep us posted  :shades: :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »
I know you said 'no need for replies' Cassie but just wanted to say you sound happier/positive with Leisl  :luv:
Sorry to hear about the staffy incident though, thank goodness she had the harness on  :shades: 
Keep us posted  :shades: :D

Ditto from me :) x
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x