Author Topic: What time of day do you take yours for a walk?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Buzby

What time of day do you take yours for a walk?
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
Just wondering really as we don't have a set routine with holly but it tends to vary between around 10.30 - 12.00 for 15 or 20 minutes then the same again at around 4 or 5.  She is pooped at eight or  I would probably take her then. 
What abut the rest if you - whose dogs can be taken now.

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
Re: What time of day do you take yours for a walk?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
Bracken is 19 weeks, I take him out around 10.30-11.00am for 30 mins walk around the common, lead walking in the afternoon for 15 minutes, brain training inbetween for 10 mins!

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Our routine started off with honey joining us on the school run, and as she got older we left five minutes earlier each month!

Then usually a walk on teh way back from school!

And if she was lucky another walk in the evening.

now (7 months), she joins me in my morning jog (I don't quite last her specified 35 minutes yet!!!, then half hour in the day (whenever I can take my lunch break), and again in the evening after the kids are in bed (post 8pm)
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline ambers mum

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
hi, my little pup is allowed out on saturday  should we stick to the 5 mins per month she is, so 15 min walk to start with and do i do this 2-3 times a day or more?

yehhy i managed to get my pic on too

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:30 PM »
My pup's 8.5 months and I take him out for about an hour in the morning, usually setting off at about 10.30-11am, and then again for about 45 minutes to a park at the end of the street at about 3.45-4pm. Other than that he gets the odd loo break, and the occasional additional walk. He doesn't walk the whole time on these walks - often he potters about, plays with other dogs, or lies down to munch on sticks.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
hi, my little pup is allowed out on saturday  should we stick to the 5 mins per month she is, so 15 min walk to start with and do i do this 2-3 times a day or more?

yehhy i managed to get my pic on too

The 5 minute rule is a good guideline and you can do a few walks each day keeping to the rule for each walk. The occasional longer walk on soft surfaces like grass won't hurt and while she's little you can carry her part of the way if you want to do some longer walks.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
I'm retired so when we walk depends on my plans for the day and the weather. One of the nice things about having lots of free time is the option to be a fair weather walker most of the time. I hate days when it rains continuously and I have no choice but to get wet >:(

I like to walk twice a day but if we've got training or we're going to my friend's house for the dogs to play I usually only walk once. I especially love evening walks at the end of a long hot summer day (remember them? :005:)

Offline Buzby

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »
I'm retired so when we walk depends on my plans for the day and the weather. One of the nice things about having lots of free time is the option to be a fair weather walker most of the time. I hate days when it rains continuously and I have no choice but to get wet >:(

I like to walk twice a day but if we've got training or we're going to my friend's house for the dogs to play I usually only walk once. I especially love evening walks at the end of a long hot summer day (remember them? :005:)

We are in Spain and rain is rarely  a problem where we are.  The sun will create its own problems later....

Offline cjealing

• millie & me.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
Millie is ten months old & we walk her every morning between 9.30 & 10am for an hour and half..  we are out whatever the weather & have clothes for every type of weather!!  she's not fazed by any of the "elements" and always enjoys herself.. maybe the walking times will change during the summer when we can get into the garden more.. she's then chilled for the next few hours enabling us humans to get "stuff" & chores done... late afternoon we play "fetch"in our hall which fortunatly is a long one & maybe some mind games which she has started recently & really enjoys..  search & find that sort of stuff..  we love all of it & hope its keeping us fit too!!!  :D

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »
Weekdays I take Riley out anytime between 8.30am-11am for about 45 mins to an hour.
Sometimes he gets a half hour walk mid afternoon, just depends on if Im home and what the weather is like.
Evenings he gets about another half hour out between 6-7pm.

Weekends he gets a bit longer each time.

Summer is totally different.

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
I do shifts so also depends on my shift and weather and anything else i have to do. They only get one walk but its a good one, I've been off today and I had jobs to do so took them out at 14.30 and was out just over 2hrs approx 5 mins on lead the rest off lead (mine both adult dogs).
The only time it's a bit difficult is if I'm on an early shift as I leave at 06.00 and get home after 5pm, but then my dad takes them on a 4-5 mile walk in the morning but he's frightened of loosing them so they stay on lead so I take them for a quick half hour off lead run.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
Ruby is 5 next month.
I take her out around an hour after breakfast so approx 8-8.30am for an 1-1 1/2 hour offlead walk/chukit session.

Then around 7pm we do a 25 minute pavement walk.

Occasionally we might walk at lunchtime too,but when it's better weather.  :shades:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »
Archie and I go out for about an hour at 9.30am then again at 3.30-4.00pm for half and hour with ball throwing (and playing with any other local dogs who happen to be about) most evenings we then have a pavement walk at 7ish for about 20 mins. We also do a couple of training sessions in the house or in the garden every day.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
We go around 6-6.30 in the morning

Offline Buzby

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »
We go around 6-6.30 in the morning

Wow John!  For me that is still the middle of the night  ph34r