Author Topic: What time of day do you take yours for a walk?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
Re: What time of day do you take yours for a walk?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:03 PM »
Usually 2 p.m. for an hour to an hour and a quarter.
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Evadee

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »
Ours get walked (by the OH  ;)) at 6-6.30 every morning, to be honest it's not usually much later at the weekends 8am would probably be the latest.  This is a 30 minute walk.

Their second walk can be from early afternoon (depending on day of the week and my work pattern) right up until 8pm at night, about 40 minutes - 1 hour for a pavement walk or 1 -2 hours if they get taken up to the hills.   Sometimes my OH will run with them for this walk.

They seem happy to sleep/chill for most of the remaining time  :005:   They do agility twice a week too, Thursday nights and Saturday mornings, this replaces the walks at those times.

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
We go out at 7.30 for about an hour and then again at around 3.30 for 45-60 mins (later in the summer when we try to avoid the heat) - one of the 'advantages' of not being in paid employment I guess  :-\

It does mean that the dogs are happy to be left for a couple of hours during the day if I need to go out.

But just noticed this is on the 'puppy' board whereas mine are both mature dogs.  When Louis was a puppy I left him at home in the morning but took him with Alice and me in the afternoon, carrying him once he had done the 'guideline' minutes!  He tended to get the rest of his exercise at that age from playing games in the garden.

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »
We go around 6-6.30 in the morning

Wow John!  For me that is still the middle of the night  ph34r

Best time I imagine

Offline katie94

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:27 AM »
Dependingg on work Rufus gets 30-45mins around 6.15am then same again in the evening around 7ish with training and garden play inbetween, if I'm starting later he gets about an hour in the park in the morning and 30mins in the evening. Gets the same if Katie's off college and the same at the weekends.

Offline Pip C

• Zac
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
Bracken is 19 weeks, I take him out around 10.30-11.00am for 30 mins walk around the common, lead walking in the afternoon for 15 minutes, brain training inbetween for 10 mins!

What do you do for braing training?  Bought a book on mind games but wasn't that impressed.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
During the week, we go for a walk at around 9.15 for an hour.  Then depending on the weather and time of the year another half hour or so anytime between 4 and 7 ish.

She is not that bothered about the second walk so if raining we dont go.

Weekends we try to go for at least one longer walk with COL friends.

Offline tootz12

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 01:14:55 PM »
Tootsie is nearly 8 months, she is always raring to go as soon as we get up, we are usually out by 715 ish, as per guideline she gets 40 mins daily, but I don't count the minutes to and from the park/nature reserve, as its only a few minutes away, only counting the time she has running on her training line and sniffing and mooching, which is pretty fast pace  :005:

I like to have another short walk late afternoon/early evening, as it helps her settle.

I think she is on or about to, her first season so am having to be very careful >:D  did game play in garden with balls etc and mental training, but she loves her walks :luv:

Offline kellyamina

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »
Ralph is nearly 6 months...we go around 8am, as I have horses, so we go to the stables. My cousin comes up with her springer pup and they play for an hour,  then we walk them for about 40 mins, come back and they potter around a bit more, before coming home about 11ish...hes usually tired for the whole day then! Hope Im not overdoing it, he has a great time

Offline ambers mum

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 03:41:36 PM »
what time do you think is suitable for an evening walk for a 13 week pup we tried just before bed last night but she then wouldnt settle for bed ( should have thought about this one a bit better was too excited for bed) :lol2:

she has walk to school and back at 8.30am ( about 15/20 mins) and she sleeps after that do you think a tea time walk would be better rather than night time

thank you