Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 2189 times)

Offline CateW

Pet Insurance
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
Does anyone have any thoughts on policies and providers?

Offline abkb

• Donator
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »
AXA policies work well and are offered by a number of companies. Ours is done through Sainsbury's. It is really worth taking out the advanced cover, which covers conditions for the life of your dog.

We pay around £17 each for our 3

Offline Ali101

• Isla
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:45:47 PM »
John Lewis are very good, we have made a large claim and it was paid quickly and without fuss directly to the vet. We pay £18 for Isla and our lab is £19 with a £65 excess. Both policies are
Lifetime cover.
We used Argos in the past and Pet Plan, Pet Plan are superb but we found the monthly premium was just too high, but they are the best in my opinion.

Ali, Penny and Isla
Ali, Penny and Isla x

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
John Lewis are very good, we have made a large claim and it was paid quickly and without fuss directly to the vet. We pay £18 for Isla and our lab is £19 with a £65 excess. Both policies are
Lifetime cover.
We used Argos in the past and Pet Plan, Pet Plan are superb but we found the monthly premium was just too high, but they are the best in my opinion.

Ali, Penny and Isla

Ali aren't John Lewis policies done through AXA? The Sainsbury one is as are a number of others

Offline Ali101

• Isla
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
They are, but we still found a quote with John Lewis was cheaper than a direct quote with Axa, not sure why but it was and we got £40 vouchers for Waitrose. It's just worth shopping around different companies although the underwriters are the same.
Ali, Penny and Isla x

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
I have been looking at renewing Ollies and found The RSPCA to be a good policy but, who knows.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »
My two have Sainsbury's advanced cover. However i pay around £120 per month for both of them. Service has been abysmal - I've just received a cheque today for am MRI Ollie had in November 2012. They have consistently paid late and this last claim they 'closed' as apparently they hadn't received some info from my vet.  (vet had sent history, but had to resend).  My sister has had a very similar experience and excuse from them recently so I'm not sure if it's s new tactic to avoid paying out?  I'd be very wary of using them.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »
VetsMedi cover, take a look. To looks like a very good policy.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Sharpie

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
We are with NFU Mutual for Daisy...it has all sorts of extras (holiday and travel etc), and covers conditions for lifetime with good levels of cover...it's a bit more expensive than the quotes you mention (about £30 per month) but the office is just around the corner, with actual people to talk to, and so I am confident of a great service. Our car and house is with them too, and the claims system is very slick.