Author Topic: Piper from Many Tears - Our New Baby  (Read 5833 times)

Offline PatAndPaul

Piper from Many Tears - Our New Baby
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
Yesterday we picked up Piper from Mary P. Piper was ex breeding cocker, with quite a sad story with the way she was being treated.
She has appeared to be extremely sweet, loving and most grateful girl ever. I can't believe how quickly she has settled in with us and how happy she appears to be! We have a Newfoundland girl and 2 ragdoll cats and all seen to get on so well! I gave her a bath this morning and she was ever so good with it, she looks beautiful!
We went shopping today, got her new bed, new collar, plenty of dog shampoos and grooming stuff, and a Royal Canin food, which I know is good as Lilly (newfie) has been on it for years. She is a real tail wagger;), she appears to be very well behaved. She follows me everywhere in the house. She loves walking and being outside generally. Today she has been snoozing with Paul on the sofa, snoring louder than he was! Loving her already and I can't believe how well she's settled in over space of a day! Only problem still is house training, she did wee at night, even when I took her out before sleep time. I know it will take time to teach her toilet behaviour. I kind of hope she will copy Lilly at some point. Any advice reference toilet training would be appreciated.
Thank you Many Tears and Mery P!

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
Re: Piper from Many Tears - Our New Baby
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
Oh my goodness what a lovely post. The very best of news. Lucky Piper to have found you. Can't wait to hear more news as she settles in..though it sounds like she really has done that already.  :luv: :luv:

Photos are a must of course when you get some time  :005:. And this is for you  :bigarmhug:

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »
Well done Pat & Paul and Lilly the Newfie  :004: :004: on rescuing the gorgeous Piper  :luv:

I too have an ex MT breeding cocker, Bella  :luv: to add to all the usual bad condition that MT find them in Bella is also blind and was very shut down when we got her  :'( But she has been with us a year and a half now and she has come on in leaps and bounds....they are very rewarding  :luv:

With regard to toilet training we found putting Bella out every couple of hours worked, she soon got into the routine and now when you tell her to have a wee she will, same as my other dogs.

Looking forward to some Piper pics but one of Lilly would be good too .....I looooove Newfies  :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yay for you and Piper  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
We have Lara from MT's and she is the best girl ever!!  It is so rewarding to watch them develop into real dogs, and their personality starts to shine through.  Well done you  :bigarmhug:  Toilet training is lots of trips out to the garden and be prepared to hang around a lot!!!  Your exisiting dog will help a lot, it amazed me how much Lara picked up from our two.  Naughty habits first of course  :005:  To be honest, it was just a time thing, and even now, Lara doesn't really ask to go out, her indication is very subtle, so we still tend to make sure she is outside regularly.  Looking forward to hearing how Piper gets on and some piccies would be lovely please  ;)

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
Hey everybody - before I reply to you all - how do you insert pictures or videos on this forum? I have been trying by clicking on the icons above, but no joy :/ Was going to update you all with some pics of my little new zoo:) xxx

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »
Great news about little Piper and she is a lucky girl to have found her forever home with you.

I think there is a thread on the photo board about posting pictures.

Pat

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
Congratulations on your new arrival - hope you have many happy years together  :D

Have a look at this sticky about how to post pics:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=15703.0

You will need to upload your photos to a hosting site like Photobucket before you can post them on here  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
Thank you Joules! On it with the pictures right away!:) xxx :lol2:

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »

Piper in her new bed:)

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »

Fantastic, I look forward to seeing all the photos!!

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
Piper having a snoozie with her new daddie:) She's such a softy and huge snore!!! :005:

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »
And that's our 4 year old Newfoundland Lilly, big softy!!!

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 08:56:52 PM »
Oh Piper, it looks like you've fallen on your wee paws there. Have a wonderful new life  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Oh  :luv: just  :luv:. She looks like she's been with you forever, bless her. Incredible. And she is just beautiful too.  :luv:. Thank you for posting these lovely pics  :D :luv:. She's such a lucky girl.

Offline PatAndPaul

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »