Author Topic: Handbag vandal  (Read 669 times)

Offline PopPops

Handbag vandal
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »

Just to share with those who get cockers  >:(   

Madam scared the life out of me on Saturday. She managed to quietly trot out of my sight for two minutes, got hold of my handbag which I thought was beyond her reach and broke into it, and (still shuddering at the thought of it) found a packet of ibuprofen and had eaten one when I found what she was up to..... followed by a rush to the vet, charcoal, emetics, and a week of pills to protect her stomach, although thankfully she's shown no ill effects at all.

I swear, I'm having HIGH shelves put up and everything except the floor is going up there.
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline Sharpie

• Donator
Re: Handbag vandal
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:33 AM »
What a nightmare for you!

The older Daisy gets the higher I have to put things....they get everywhere don't they!

Hope your pup is OK! :)

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »
Ooh little tinker, glad that she is okay after her handbag raid and hope that your stress levels have settled back to normal puppy owner level  :bigarmhug:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:57:22 AM »
Bonnie Boo is 6 now and I still have to be vigilant. Pockets, bags and worktops are regularly checked by her for anything she can snaffle.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline dawn

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 07:58:23 AM »
Hope you've both recovered. They eat everything in sight. Little terrors. In two years Henry's been to the vets twice already to be made to be sick. Once for a piece of string, and then there was the Xmas cake..... You need eyes in the back of your head, and a extremely tidy house!

:005: 'normal puppy level', that'll be quite high then!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »
What a pickle :shades:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
What a nightmare, my Ollie stole out of a visitor handbag....20 cigarettes , she wasn't impressed.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
When I was a child our springer spaniel burst into my mums bag, burst the little bottle and ate her antibiotics  >:D :o

Offline **purpleprincess**

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »
What a little pickle! They are naughty little things aren't they. Luca loves to nose in pockets!
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline Abbi

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Darcie was found quietly chewing on a blister pack of ibuprofen that she had found in DD handbag when she was about 6 months old. Of course it was a Sunday evening so a trip to the emergency vet and ended up costing us £800. She recovered well but is still into everything she can get her paws on!

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
Glad she is OK.
I have a 12-year old cocker and he still does it :005: Mostly tissues thankfully. He steals them so we'll chase him, he gets a thrill out of it ph34r :005: I'll admit I love to see him behave like a puppy again.
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A