Author Topic: My puppy hates walks!  (Read 3532 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: My puppy hates walks!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »

We also have a very popular dog walking area about 20m from home...he refused to go up there and 99% of the time he'd refuse to go up it...so we just avoided it, and used to walk back down it (which was ok)...however, it's only recently he's actually brave enough to walk up it and even still, it's rather slow.

I have the exact same thing here with Brodie - there's a great walk through a woods here, it's where everyone walks their dogs and Brodie hates the place. She did go through a phase a few years back where she would walk there if we went the other way round, but stopped and now totally refuses even to walk down the street leading to it. I didn't see her get a fright or anything, so goodness knows what spooked her. I think it's because so many dogs walk there that she hates it :-\

With ours there are loads of dogs, foxes and trees...I think it's the trees in the wind that scared him. Thankfully he hasn't avoided walking down the street since we live on it! However we used to avoid walking the other way down the street as it used to take about 5 hours...now he'll prance down it like he owns it :) :005:

I didn't think of foxes, I know there are some there so that's a possibility. I can still remember the first time I took her there when she was a pup, it was an instant dislike! It does disappoint me slightly as it was my last cocker's favourite walk and I was expecting Brodie to love it just as much :P. Maybe one day she'll change her mind and start prancing down the street too :005:

We could have matching prancing un-scared big puppies  :005:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)