Author Topic: Help & advice urgently needed please.  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Eva-Rose

Re: Help & advice urgently needed please.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
Hello you lovely lot!  So sorry I haven't been on for a few days - had other hectic stuff going on with family etc... 

I must say a huge and heartfelt thank you to Lettie10 for sending me the puppy pen.  We tried it for the first time last night and she settled very quickly.  She did manage to shred and destroy the puppy pads we put down for her, and she wee'd and poo'd all over the shredded mess.... But her bed remained clean, so I guess that's the positive I need to focus on (a blanket that we can keep and use again whoop whoop!!!)

Lettie10 it was so very kind and generous of you to do that for me and I won't forget your kindness.  I have to say, if this is what Cocker People are generally like, then I have definitely made the right choice of breed  :luv:

The newest thing that Lil Miss Lily enjoys is BITING!!!  I actually was feeling quite smug the other day, reading about other puppies that are biters..... Because she hadn't shown any sign of even realising she had teeth....but lo and behold, she's found them now, and don't my ankles know ALL about it lol!!

Maybe you can tell I'm feeling a bit better, I can now laugh at some of her antics (springing in and out of the long grass like a lamb is my personal fave!) and I can see that you were all right, she's not doing it to spite me, she's a baby who needs love, care and guidance.  I do have some feelings of love developing for her.... It's very different to how I felt about Moby but I'm sure that's normal.   I find myself calling her little nick-names like I used to do with Moby (he was Mobes or Mobsey Moo Moo! - yes I am a lunatic lol!).    I keep calling her Lilo-Lil (anyone over 30 who used to watch 'Bread' will find this amusing!) - especially since my friend keeps tickling her tummy and saying "she is a tart" Lol!!! (Which Lily seems to love!)

So all in all, I feel we've taken some steps forward.  She has her 2nd jab tomorrow afternoon, so then it will soon be 'walkies time!' - I can only imagine what a little madam she's going to be with a public audience!!!!   

Thanks again so much for all your help and support, it really has helped me so much xxxxx  :D

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
Tears in my eyes reading your lovely post which sounds so much more positive. I'm so glad you were brave enough to post on here and get some moral support.

Good luck with the biting, tip- wear wellies for the next few weeks ;)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »
So pleased you are having some breakthroughs  :blink: :blink:

I re-homed Millie at 18 months and she has been such a challenge! I thought I would have to re-home her again but managed (with the help of COL  ;)) to stick in there. She is 7 now and I have to say I love the bones of her  :luv: :luv:. She's still a bloomin nightmare though  ph34r :005:

Millie

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
Thank you for the update :D
I'm so pleased to read that
you are feeling more positive!
She is a little beauty :luv:
Hey, onwards and upwards go
Eva-Rose and Lily!
steffxxx

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »
I'm welling up too. What a lovely positive post.  :D Archie was a nightmare ankle biter. He also shredded the bottom of most of my trousers.  >:D I lived in Ugg boots (not genuine obviously!) when he was a pup. I never thought he would stop but he did, eventually! Try offering carrots, broccoli, stag bars bull pizzles etc as an alternative to chewing you!

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 12:57:35 PM »
Yay thanks for the update sounds as though things are a bit more positive now

Offline maxineh

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »

Lovely to hear it's going well. As everyone says hang in there it does get better. Great that you are starting to bond with her too  :D.  Poppy used to do that with puppy pads but was better with newspaper. She used to hang off my dressing gown and bite my slippers every morning. The other day I suddenly realised she didn't do it anymore and I didn't realise it had stopped. It is just a phase and will be over before you know it. I used to yelp when she bit my hand and this worked a treat. Took a bit of practice though as useless at yelping !!! :lol2:   COL is a godsend and I would have been lost without the help,advice and genuine support everyone others.  :luv:

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »
Hi Becca,

So glad the puppy pen is helping, you are very welcome.  It is really nice to read your latest post and am so glad you are developing feelings for little "Lilo Lil" :005:

Cockers are just fab little dogs and mine are still young enough for me to remember the Cockerdile stage very well (Bailey was 1 last Thurs and Jazz is 2 tomorrow) but I can't imagine now being without them and can't really remember what it was like before they came.

She will get there and she will reward you over and over again for the love, care & guidance you give by loving you back with everything she has to give.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline Lovely

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
So great to read your update. It sounds like things are on the up! I definitely find that my bond with my dogs gets stronger as they grow older; although they're cute when they're puppies, their personalities don't develop until they're bigger, so you'll find more and more things to love as time goes on! I'm currently not loving the fact that Lovely had a little regression this week and chewed up my little girl's wombles cd and water pistol, but even when she's infuriatingly naughty she has the cocker ability to worm her way back into my good books within a few minutes! Keep up the good work xx
Ali

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 06:35:08 PM »
So pleased to read this. I feel such a happy postive post here , you seem much happier now . Your so right about cocker people (not just the dogs that are a certain breed) its us too  :005:

Oh your not alone, we ALL have nick names for our dogs that are said behind closed doors, there is a thread somewhere on here.
You will look back in a few months and really cant imagine life without lilly.
Oh I remember bread too lol.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »
so happy to hear you have turned a corner, which means 2 more ( cockerdile ((happening now :005:)) and teenage phase) and you are there (square complete)
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
so happy to hear you have turned a corner, which means 2 more ( cockerdile ((happening now :005:)) and teenage phase) and you are there (square complete)
oh no what happens at the teenage phase and when does it start and finish??????

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »
oh no what happens at the teenage phase and when does it start and finish??????

its when you think you have a  :angel:  then  >:D strikes   :005: :005:
but no sooner here, it is gone and history.
I always believe god sends us trials and rewards. he is testing you, your reward will be soon
i also remember lilo lil 
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
So pleased you seem much more positive, I remember many challenges with my Amber was a puppy I got so down and upset many a time, this forum was a Godsend, it helped me so much .
We nearly parted with Amber a few times but with the help and support of more experienced cocker owners on hear we persevered and got through so many problems we had with her.
She will be four years old in August and although not perfect she is now a lovely little dog and I can't believe we very nearly parted with her.
Hang in there and I'm sure you will have many happy years with your lovely cocker, they are a challenge as puppies but it does get better x ;)