Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Selves

Hello all
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »
I am getting my first cocker spaniel puppy in 5 weeks, very excited but nervous too. Any tips would be gratefully received :)
Hi maddie47

Offline maddy74

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:14 PM »
Hello and welcome, nice to see you have joined Cockers on line   :blink:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:17:52 PM »
Hi and welcome.  You must be sooooo excited but we must have piccies of the new furbaby.  :005:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:22:15 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D
Exciting times ahead!
I am owned by 3 blue roan cockers called Mollie, Scoobie and Lilly.
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
Welcome to our cocker crazy world!! I was only used to beagles until 5weeks ago I got my first ever cocker, 8week old gizmo! He is now 13 weeks old and is absolutely brilliant. Lots of info and advice on here, I also purchased a book called: all you need to know about your cocker spaniel by Jane simmonds (isbn: 1-906305-29-3) if you haven't owned dogs or a cocker before,it's brilliant! Defo worth getting for an interesting read :)

Offline Nicky C

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
Hi and welcome
The time will both drag and fly by!
Looking forward to seeing photos of your new pup.
I'm the human slave to Molly, an orange roan show cocker  :005:

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Enjoy, they are the best ever, I love mine so much....(be prepared for a cockadile to come home with you first and not a cocker  :005: :005:)...welcome.

Offline Selves

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »
Thanks everyone, the time is dragging, going to view the puppies next Saturday as they will be 6 weeks then. Hopefully picking her up the 18th aug. as soon as I get a photo I will post. I have bought that book, it is very useful.  ;)

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
Thanks everyone, the time is dragging, going to view the puppies next Saturday as they will be 6 weeks then. Hopefully picking her up the 18th aug. as soon as I get a photo I will post. I have bought that book, it is very useful.  ;)

Pleased its useful,always worry about recommending things! I found it very useful! :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »

Pleased its useful,always worry about recommending things! I found it very useful! :)

That's nice to know- glad you found my book useful :D
Jane

Offline cockerdoo

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
Welcome to COL - I am owned by Autumn aged 17  months and little Bertie aged 10 weeks  :luv: I am addicted to this site  :005: but have found it so helpful# when I have been worried about anything or just to hear other peoples stories.  Cockers are the best, I have had different breeds over the years but I can honestly say these are the best dogs I have had.  They are so loving and such a lot of fun, really great little dogs.  But as someone said before prepare to be attacked by a cockerdile, the first few months are pretty hard going but it does end - promise  ;) :005:

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »

That's nice to know- glad you found my book useful :D

I had no idea you wrote that book! It's our bible,always close to hand! :D